Chapter 20: Taiyokai of the West

Ahem, I'm back.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Naruto wiped his hands from the grave soil as he stood, straightening his Anbu armor and wiping the sweat off his brow before he began walking to meet the demon lord.

He placed his hands in his pockets and walked forward, thinking of any and all tricks he could pull out of his bag of tricks if the situation got too out of hand.

Truly, facing the demon lord was not something he really wanted to do. The Taiyokai, was powerful, and had a sharp mind. A dangerous and in this case, very very deadly combination. In all honesty he wasn't sure if he could win. Facing Inuyasha's group, was a far cry in comparison to him.

Even though Naruto really had no fear of death, his worry was for the demon slayer that currently rested. Kohaku's death alone may drive her to the brink of suicide. His death, coming so soon after his, may just be enough of a shock to drive her over the edge.

If he died, he doubted it would affect the Inu group for long. They may be saddened, but because he was relatively new to the group, he was certain they'd get over it. Sango however was an entirely different story.

If she died the team would falter and Inuyasha's way of mourning or burying his emotions so he wouldn't have to deal with them. Which was lashing out at everyone and keeping himself active, in other words rushing everyone to hunt shards wouldn't help the situation.

'Hn…I suppose I had better not die yet eh?'

Sesshomaru watched at the seemingly ordinary being began walking forward. It baffled him, even so close he could only faintly detect the underlying power he carried. He was no fool. This person, even if he was not as powerful as he possessed skills that were a complete mystery to him that provided him a definite edge.

Naruto's eyes widened in alarm as he saw the demon's only arm grasp the hilt of Tokijin.

Before he could do much else other than take out two kunai the Taiyokai, rushed forward, his after images trailing behind him.

Naruto acted on instinct, his time in the war with Oto showing through as he put both kunai on a direct intercept path with Tokijin. The blades met with an audible clang. Naruto felt his eyes widen even further as tokijin pulsed a fierce blue before Sesshomaru's yoki exploded forth.

Sesshomaru looked at the dirt in front of him, now no more than mud and ashes. 'Is this it?' He mentally sneered.

His senses were able to pick up the faint whizzing sound of a kunai, he leaned to the side, barely dodging as it grazed his cheek.

He turned around and found Naruto, his armor and mask were shredded to mere rags that barely clung to him, not even the Kawarimi was able to help him fully escape the alleged 'dragon blast' the attack that could match the wind scar. He ripped off his facemask, revealing the whiskered features to another for the first time in over seven months. His eyes were sharp and cold as ice as he stared at the Taiyokai.

Sesshomaru, elegantly turned and settled his sword in a comfortable stance. The demon didn't answer before he rushed forward again. Naruto leapt back as he reappeared with a swing to where he had previously been standing.

Sesshomaru moved to leap at him but when he saw the blond begin to make the same strange hand signals he had seen beforehand during the battle near the western lands he held back. "Katon: Ryuuka no jutsu!" The blond yelled as he fired several decent sized fireballs at the Taiyokai.

Seshomaru's eyes widened by a margin, the only action that showed his surprise at this attack.

Nevertheless he moved with grace and precision as he glided his way through the fireballs and toward the blond that was still in mid air.