↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

THE HELICOPTERS DOORS BARELY opened, when I felt hands grabbing my arms dragging me away from Thomas. Immediately I fought back.

"Thomas! Wake up! We gotta go! Come on!"

Oh that's another thing, Thomas fell asleep while holding me the way here. I left him to sleep. He deserves it.

But then he started screaming at his lungs, which made the other Glader's wake up. I brought him into my lap, holding onto him while running my hand through his hair to calm him down. It worked, and he fell back asleep.

But now were here. Minho grabbed Thomas, waking him up and dragging him out. While I'm being dragged by two guards, apparently I'm not "stable" enough. Whatever that means. The rest of the Glader's are following behind with guards running next to them.

I could still hear the whirling of the helicopters blades, sand was flying all over, my hair whipping around in the wind. It was dark, the only light source being the being the tall metal building in front of us.

"Cranks! We got cranks!"

The guard that was holding me by my left arm pushed me in front of him, immediately lifting up his gun and shooting people like figures on the hill.

I stumble on my feet, but another hand grabs my arm pulling me up and dragging towards the building.

I ignored the gun shots and the screeching of those "cranks" as I struggled to keep up with the Glader's.  More guards run past us, shooting their large guns. I was pushed into the building right before the large doors closes. They almost remind me of the maze.

A hand grabs my arm, I look up to see Thomas looking down at me. I swallow thickly before turning to the rest of the Glader's, who were just staring at me. I softly shake Thomas' hand off of me and I walk into the group of my friends, before making my way up to the front of the group. I look around the large place with wide eyes. There were guards running around with large guns, and small ATV's. I stand up straighter, my jaw clenched when I notice a few guards approach us.

"Come with us."

|•|•|

When a guard tells you to "come with them," don't follow. We ended up in a room, and we've been here for hours. I think. I was sitting on the table, playing with a pencil I found. It's no knife or gun but it will help me stab someone's eyes out. Everyone else was just laying on sacks or on the ground. No one spoke one word, and frankly I don't want to break the silence.

My thoughts were cut off by the metal door creaking. The door opens to revel a guard, before he moves out of the way and a man with a black jacket walks into the room.

I immediately rise to my feet, walking towards the man. I could hear footsteps behind me, and I could feel someone's chest pressed against my back.

He smirks at the sight of me, but it's gone as quickly as it came. "You kids doing all right?" No reply so he continues; "sorry about all the fuss. We had ourselves a bit of a swarm."

I clench my jaw and slightly tilt my head to the side. "Who are you?"

His eyes flicker down to the ground, but they quickly flicker back up to us. "I'm the reason you're all still alive. It's my intention to keep you that way." He then walks backwards out of the room. "Now, come with me. We'll get you kids squared away." I share a glance with Thomas before following after him. I could hear the others whispering my name, telling me to come back but I ignored them. I jog up to the man, walking next to him. His eyes flicker to me before he looks ahead again. "You can call me Mr. Janson. I run this place. For us it is a sanctuary, safe from the horrors of the outside world. You all should think of it was a way station. Kind of home between homes." Janson dodges flying sparks. "Watch yourselves."

Thomas catches up with us, and stands on the other side of me. "that mean you're taking us home?"

Janson glances at him. "A home of sorts. Sadly, there wouldn't be much left of where were you came from." He then looks straight ahead. "But we do have a place for you. A refuge, outside the Scorch, where WICKED will never find you again." He then turns to look at the group. "How does that sound?" His eyes avert in front of him again.

Minho shares a glance with Newt before speaking up; "why are you helping us?"

"I should say the world out there is a rather precarious situation. We're all hanging on by a very thin thread. The fact that you kids can survive the flare virus.... Makes you the best chance of humidity is continued survival. Unfortunately, it also makes you a target, I was not out by now you've noticed." We approach a large door, and Janson swipes his card. "Beyond his door lies beginning of your new lives." The door opens to revel a long white hallway. Janson then claps his hands together. "First things first... lets do something about that smell."

don't be a silent reader,
vote, comment, share

unedited