↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

BY THE TIME I got to the camp, it was dark and the WICKED helicopters were right over us, lights shinning down.

"No!" My eyes widen, my heart thumping as I push my legs faster as a helicopter flies over me, dropping a bomb down. I stumble, almost falling over as it hits the ground with force, causing an explosion. I stop at the edge of the hill I was on, my eyes watering at the sight. Fires lit up the dark skies, gun shots filling the air along with screams. WICKED soldiers drop down from a helicopter, shooting everyone in sight with those electric shocks. "Thomas." His name leaves my lips, and before I can register what's happening, I run down the hill into the flames. I stop running when I was in the middle of the flames, spinning around with watery eyes. "Thomas!"

"Sage!"

My legs run towards Newt, hiding behind a large truck where Vince was on, shooting a large gun at WICKED. I press my back against the truck, catching my breath. "Has anyone seen Thomas?"

Minho shakes his head, handing me rifle. "Thought he was with you."

I cock the rifle. "Fuck."

"You need to cover us!"

Newt turns to me, his eyebrows furrowed. "Do you know how to use this thing?"

I looked at the weapon in my hands. I never held a gun like this before, unless I did before the maze. I shrug, pointing the gun at a soldier, pressing down the trigger. I nod head as the bullet hits the soldiers chest, knocking him back onto the ground. "I think I do." Soldiers start shooting at the truck, sparks flying. I keep my head up high, walking towards the soldiers as I continued to fire the gun, Newt and Minho following my lead. I press down on the trigger again, only to hear a clicking sound. I look up at the soldiers in front of me, with wide eyes. "Oh fuck me."

The start shooting at me, and I immediately dodge the bullets, rushing behinds a truck. I cover my head with my arms as the sparks fly around me. I unleash my machete before rushing out from behind the truck and towards the soldiers. I dodge the electric shocks, slashing my machete at them. I stick my machete throw a soldier's chest, before spinning on my heel to stab another soldier sneaking up behind me. The soldier's fall, and I look up to see Vince shooting at them from the machine gun on the truck. I nod my head at him, slightly panting.

My eyes widen as I notice a soldier throwing a grenade at them. When I thought it was going to explode fire, it exploded electric blue currents. Immediately, all of them drop to the ground, shaking uncontrollably. I run towards them, as WICKED soldiers rush towards them as well. "No!"