↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

         TURNS OUT BURTHA IS a rusty blue truck. Luckily for me, I got the middle row in the middle seat. Minho and River sitting on either side of me, River knowing that I didn't want to sit next to Thomas, and Minho sensing the tension in the air.

         Brenda and Newt where in the front with Jorge, and Thomas was in the back with Frypan, Aris, and Teresa. He was burning holes into the back of my head half of the ride, and I've been ignoring him. I ignored the look of hurt on his face when I didn't sit with him. I held my bloody hand in my lap, my knuckles still stinging with pain. The blood dried, but I didn't clean it off. Minho frowns, bringing out a rag and a water jug, pouring some water onto the rag. He picks up my hand, cleaning it. I wince, and he notices, mumbling a small "sorry" before finishing his work. When he was done, he softly places my hand on my lap, putting the stuff away.

          I give him a small smile, my voice soft and quiet. "Thank you Minho. And thank you for braiding my hair, too."

         Minho's eyes slightly widen, and River snorts. "You can braid Minho?"

         Minho shakes his head rapidly. "Um no." I laugh softly, Minho giving me a small glare. The glare then fades, a smile appearing on his pink lips. "You dont have to thank me Say. I'm your best friend, I will do anything for you. I would take a bullet for you."

         I lace my fingers with Minho, a smile planted on my brusied lips. "Same here, Min, same here."

         The truck slowly came to a stop, Jorge shutting off the engine as we were blocked by broken down cars on the only road in the canyon. I frown, crawling over Minho as we exit the car. I walk ahead of the group, stopping in front of the cars.

         I turn back to Jorge. "Guess we're on foot."

         I was walking behind the group with Brenda, noticing her limp, I furrow my eyebrows. "What happened?"

        Her eyes flicker to me, she frowns, slowly rolling up her pants leg to revel a nastly bloody bite. "I got bit by a crank." My eyes widen and I open my mouth, but she cuts me off. "Don't say anything. Please."

         I purse my lips and nod my head, before catching up to walk with my brother. A hand grabs my wrist, pulling me back as everyone walks ahead. "We need to talk."