↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

WE WERE GREETED BY the dark sky, and sand flying around. The sirens were still blaring and lights were still flashing. You could hear the shouts of people, and the barks of dogs. You could hear the helicopters blades whirling and the engine of trucks and ATV's. I struggled to run over the sand and the large gusts of winds, trying to keep my footing and trying to keep a tight hold on the bloody machete. I gave up trying to hold my machete, sliding it back into its sheath that Aris handed me. I'm not quite sure how he got my machete, but i'm thankful he did.

"Come on, go! go!"

We were barely crawling over the hill when i looked behind us, my eyes slightly widning at the sight of the guards. Thomas places a hand on my lower back, pushing me forward. "We'll lose them in the storm!"

We all laid down on the hill, as the large beam lights were pointed in our direction. "Stay low!"

Thomas then grabs onto me, pushing me forward. "Let's go!"

We crawled away as fast as we could before we stood up and ran. "Where are we even going?" I followed Teresa to a building buried underneath sand. A window was broken, and i immediately jumped in, Teresa following me. "Sage! Teresa!"

I ignored the boys as i slid down the small sand hill and into the building, panting heavily from all the running and the adrenaline coursing through my veins. I stood at the end of the sand, waiting for the others. Thomas wraps his large arms around me and i wrapped my arms around his waist.

Minho reaches into the backpack he grabbed, and he pulls out a flashlight. Turning it on, he shines the light around us. I pull away from Thomas, making my way towards Minho. I stood by him as he shines the light in piles of stuff. "Where the hell are we?"

I shake my head and motion for the group to follow. "Guys we need to go. We can't stop moving."

"Sage stop!" I quiet down at Teresa's shout. "Tell me whats going on."

"It's WICKED." Thomas jumps in to the conversation. "It's WICKED. They lied to us we never escaped. Me, Sage, and Aris, we found bodies. too many to count."

Minho glances at me then back to Thomas. "What do you mean? Dead bodies?"

I shake my head. "No, but they weren't alive either. They had them strung up. With tubes coming out of them." I swallow thickly. "They were being drained. There's something inside of us that WICKED wants. Something in our blood. So we have to get as far away from them as possible."