What The Hell Did I Get Myself Into

Adrian's POV

Have you ever agreed to something...and later wondered what the fuck you were thinking? That's what's going through my mind as I stand outside Eastwood Penitentiary for my first day as their prison guard. As I look around, I see nothing but grass and trees, this place is literally in the middle of nowhere. It's 7 am and the sun is slowly rising, but not even the sun can bring life to this place. The huge building that was once a factory, is now a jail house with window guards and chain doors to make sure none of the prisoner can get out, and if that isn't enough, the electric chain fences that surrounds the prison is a definite way for the prisoners to keep their asses in the building or die. I slowly walk up the concrete stairs and push the rusty silver button to the intercom.

"BZZZZZ"

A few minutes go by before I ring the buzzer again 

"BZZZZZ"

After a few seconds I hear a returning "Bzzzzz"   sound indicating for me to push the door open.

As I walk in I see an overweight, white, middle aged man in a security uniform sitting in the back of a metal desk drinking a cup of coffee. He looks up at me with a questioning looks, wondering who I am and why the hell am I here.

"Hey, uh, I'm Adrian Stephen...it's my first day"

"oooh your the new prison guard that Bryant was talking about" sitting up,he reached for a binder in front of him and gets a pen from the side of his desk "Just sign your name here, go down the hall, and make a turn, that where Bryant's office is"

I started signing my name until I felt the security guard staring a me, i looked up at him with a questioning look "How old are you?He asked

"25, why?"

"You look 16, for a second i was wondering when Bryant started hiring teenagers" he said laughing like it was the funniest joke he has ever made

I chuckled "Yeah I get that a lot" I returned the binder to him and watched him read my name

"Okay Adrian, see you around, and good luck, hopefully none of these horny bitches in there eat your pretty ass alive."

"Um...thanks, I guess" I said walking down the gray hallway and making a turn at Mr. Bryant's office. I knocked the door and heard "Come in"

I walk in and see Mr. Bryant watering some plants near the window of his small office.

I clear my throat and he turns and look up at me

Mr. Bryant is an older African american man in his late 50's. He is a heavy set man who stands about 6'1 and wears a tight smile all the time that can intimidate a lot a people, myself included. He is The Director of Human Relations in Eastwood, and is the man who signs my check.

 He is The Director of Human Relations in Eastwood, and is the man who signs my check