Things Will Never Be The Same

Fatima's POV

Flashback

It was a summer day. The sun was on full blast and bird were singing. One would think a day like this would symbolize happiness, love, security but it was the day I would be transported to a hell hole for 25 years.

 The ride to Eastwood was surprisingly quit. A bus full of women who knew that their lives will never be the same and as a 18 year old girl who was suppose to be going to college, suppose to be finding herself; my life has ended before it even began.

"ALL RIGHT, WE'RE HERE. NOW DON'T TRY ANYTHING STUPID, AND YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE IT BY NEXT WEEK" The female guard that transported with us yelled distracting my thoughts, I believe her name was Jones or something like that.

I felt my heart beat out of my chest. I wanted to vomit but decided to fight the urge, not knowing what will come from that.

As the bus, slowly approached the prison. It seemed like the sun went into hiding. Everything became dark and gloomy and all of a sudden I started freezing despite the sweat forming on my forehead.

"ALL RIGHT, GET UP" 

One by one we all got out  the bus and had to form a line. We were soon met with another guard, this one was a man,  he looked hispanic and had a scar coming down his face. He had these cold eyes that were intimidating, and I knew that I didn't want to be on his bad side. He slowly came down the line staring at each of us.

"LET ME TELL YA BITCHES SOMETHING. I AM NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH. FUCK WITH ME AND I WON'T HAVE TO KILL  YOU...YOU WILL WANT TO KILL YOUR DAMN SELF" 

Him and the female guard started laughing.

Continuing to slowly come down the line, he stopped at me and stared, then all of a sudden an evil smile came across his face

"Them dikes are going to love your pretty ass"

I started to grimace but hid the horrified look that I wanted to show on my face

"MY NAME IS CHAVEZ, THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW. NOW LETS GET MOVING"

We walked into the huge building and I already knew that I didn't want to be here. But it wasn't like I had anything out there for me.

"AYE LOOK YA, FRESH MEAT!!!!!!" Chavez yelled to the other guards as we came into processing

"Look at them looking all scared, they weren't scared when they were out there committing crimes huh" A man behind a desk said while chuckling

I internally rolled my eyes. I don't know how I'm going to survive in this place with people like these guards working here. 

After processing they took each of us to our cells. The minute I got in my cell, I felt two cold stares coming my way.

"Looks like ya got a roommate" the guard said while pushing me in the cell and closing it behind me. I clenched my blanket that they gave me close to my chest, hoping that it will somehow keep me safe

"The fuck you in here for, robbing the supermarket for Now and Laters?" One of my cellmates said while busting out laughing