Fuck This

(Angela in the Media)

Adrian's POV

After dropping Nakia (Jones) to her apartment, I finally made it home and was hit with the aroma of southern cooking and the r&b station blasting. I walk into the kitchen and I see my wife , Angela, in the kitchen putting something into the oven while singing. I walk behind her and grab her hips and she quickly jumps up and turn around.

"Babe, you scared me" Angela said

I kissed her on the cheek "you too damn paranoid, I'm the only one who got the key" I say laughing

"I know but watching ID all day had me shook"

"Then you need to find another hobby" I say sitting down at the dinner table and start taking off my sneakers

"How may times do I have to tell you to take your shoes off near the door?"

"okay mom, I'll remember next time" I say rolling my eyes

"well if you acted like an adult I would have to treat you like a child" Angela replied back rolling her yes

"What all the food for?" I say changing the subject so that it would to an argument

"Please don't tell me you forgot?"

"I'm sure your about to remind me" I say sarcastically

"Your parents?...remember?.... they are coming for dinner?"

 "fuck that was today" I sigh rubbing my neck

"Yup"

"And they should be here in a few minutes, yet you are still in that damn uniform"

"Man I was just hoping to enjoy the beginning of my weekend, not deal with them"

"Well "them" is your parents...and I'm  not understanding why are still sitting here and not washing up"

I glared at Angela and got up and walk to our room

I slam the door out of frustration and lay on my back on our bed to rest and also think a little

I honestly was not happy with my life. When I imagined how my life would be, I did not see it being like this. By 23 I saw myself being in the NFL, moving far away from my parents, and being with a woman that I was madly in love with. Don't get me wrong I love Angela, but she wasn't  my first choice, shit she wasn't even my second choice, as a matter of fact, I never noticed her until my parents introduced us, and even then I wasn't even paying attention to her.

My parents introduced Angela and I to each other at one of my father annual church fundraisers. Angela's father own the second biggest Methodist church after my fathers, so they were really good friends. My father and Angela's father, Bishop Gorman, had this stupid Idea to not only become partners, but to have two of their oldest children to get married so that it can be passed down through the future generation and since they were "family" now, there partnership could never be broken. Dumb right? Exactly. I was against the idea strongly, don't get me wrong Angela is a cute girl, but she wasn't my type at all. I was into creatives, free-spirits, humorous, shit a girl who has some ratchet in her. Not Angela. But after my father threatening to take my out his will and disowning me, as well as claiming that his he has a heart condition and disobeying him will kill him, I just sucked it up. Besides I learned to love Angela, I may not be in love with her, but I can deal with her sometimes.

My phone ends up ringing, disturbing me from my thoughts. I look at the caller ID and see that it's my bro Jason. 

"Yo" I answer