Chapter 10

"Sorry for being absent so many days." Keaton took his seat next to mine in biology and i start to wonder if Welsey even told him about what happened.

"Oh, you're fine. I got most of the poster done but we still need to do the model of the ecosystem."

"I can finish that at home." He tells me and i decide to ask a risky question.

"Well, i mean, i don't want to make you just do the rest so i could come over to your house and we could finish it together, if thats okay?"

He thinks about it for few seconds before answering me. "Uh, yeah, i guess."

"It's okay if you don't want me to like I understand." Im shocked that he said yes and I'm kind of lost on what to do.

"No,no,no I been absent too long and i made you do a lot so yeah we can finish this together."

We exchange numbers and I start to wonder if i made a huge mistake but at the same time, i'm sort of excited.

"So, i'm going to Keatons house later today." I tell Carter as soon as class is over.

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, i'm going to his house to work on the project."

"You don't think that's going to be awkward?" He asks the obvious question.

"Of course it will be but I don't even know if Keaton knows." I brush my bangs back with hand and start to go over every single possibilty of what could happen tonight. Wesley could get mad at Keaton, they could get in a fight, he could get mad at me.

"You don't think Wesley would have told him?"

"I don't know how close they are i mean have you ever even see them together?"

"I never really seen Keaton with anybody to be honest."

"That's not what I mean." I bump him with my shoulder and i remember that i haven't told him about the incident with Wesley this morning.

"I talked to Wesley this morning by the way."

"You did what?"

"Yeah, it didn't end well." Him telling me that he wasn't good for me wasn't ending well in my opinion.

"Well tell me what happened!" He exclaims and i tell him about the conversation as we walk to our next class.

~~~

"Hey, it's Mary. I need the adress to your house please (:" I press send to Keaton while wishing that i had to work today so i didn't have to do this. I already tried picking up someones shift but no one wanted to give it up.

He texts me the adress and i punch it into my GPS, recognizing some familiar turns and streets from that night. The closer i get, the more nervous i become and i start to do some deep breathing excersises that Drew tought me before.

15 minutes after listening to the computer lady voice telling me where to go and where to turn, i pull up to the familiar pastel yellow house which i now realize has white shudders on the windows and a broken stair on the front porch. I grab my backpack from the passenger seat and prepare myself for whatevers about to happen.

I walk up the porch stairs and decide to knock on the door over ringing the doorbell. Footsteps start walking to the door and i cross my fingers that it's Keaton. When i see his familiar blondish hair when the door opens, I uncross my fingers and tension is released throughout me.

"Hey." He says to me with a smile and opens the door, inviting me in.

We work on the project for about a hour and we talk just about the whole time. I found out that he is actually a really cool person and we have a very similar taste in music, sharing some of our favorite bands, including Bad Suns and Blink-182. He told me that his Dad works everyday all day and i told him that my mom does too. They're originally from Washington but they had to move here for their Dads job.

"Don't you have a brother?" I haven't seen Wesley at the house at all and he hasn't mentioned him.

"Yeah, Wesley. He's not here though." He says after applying a toy lion to our box of fake grass and trees.

"Oh, where is he?"

"He's out with friends right now."

"Oh, well, has he said anything about me?" Stupid question Mary. Very stupid question.

"Uh, no. Why?" He's obviously confused with what i asked him and i mentally kick myself for asking that.

"No reason." I hear the door open and i see the signature brown haired boy walk through the door and my heart automatically drops down what feels like 100 feet.

"Mary?"