Chapter 20

Wesley is wearing light grey sweats and a white muscle shirt, his tan practically glowing against it. The rain has slowed down to a drizzle and the sun is starting to peak through the clouds, shining almost heavenly on his face, which completely lights up when i pull in the driveway. My feet can't help from half-walking, half-running to him when i step out the car. Im in his arms in less than 5 seconds and i've never felt more happy or relieved to have someones arms wrapped around me.

"Im so sorry." I mutter into his shirt and he smoothes my hair down with his hand, placing a small kiss on the crown of my head.

"It's okay, shh, come inside, shh, you're okay." He coaxes me as we walk in the door and Keaton jumps up immediately from the couch. I pull myself away from Wesley and find my way into Keatons arms.

"Wesley just told me everything that happened Mary i had no idea." I start to bawl into his shoulder and Wesley gently takes me away from his brother and we go up the stairs then into his room. I sit on the bed and he pulls a chair out from underneath his desk. Neither one of us talks for 2-3 minutes while i try to make myself stop crying.

"I am so sorry Wes." I say in a voice that's almost a whisper and slowly look over to him.

"Why do you keep saying sorry Mary? You didn't do anything." He tells me in a reassuring voice.

"Yes i did okay i've done everything." Wesley gets up from the chair and moves over to the bed, sitting right next to me. "If i wouldn't have tried to talk to you after that night, none of this would have happened. I wouldn't be sitting on your bed crying, you wouldn't have a fading bruise on your knuckle from fighting my brother, and my brother wouldn't be lying to me for god knows what reason."

"What did he tell you?" His eyes are scanning my face rapidly and i find myself staring into his.

"Just stupid shit."

"Mary, tell me." He takes my hand in his, intertwining my little smooth fingers with his big rough ones. Totally opposite but they fit

perfectly together.

"He told me that you got his ex girlfriend, Savannah, pregnant while they were together."

"Who in the hell is Savannah?" He asks, making me laugh a little.

"It's funny, thats exactly what she said about you." His thumb is running over my hand and I stare at the purplish blue mark on his knuckles.

"You talked to her?"

"Yea. It's actually where i just cane from."

"You know that it isn't true at all, right?" I let out a little laugh again and he gives me a confused look.

"I know. I met up with her to talk to her about it cause he said more than just you getting her pregnant."

"Really? Like what?" I nod my head and his hand tenses up so i declare it my turn to run my thumb over his hand.

"Mmhmm." I nod my head. "He said that once you found out about her being pregnant, you left her. You told her that you didn't want anything to do with her or the baby and that she was on her own. Since her parents were so ashamed, they moved so that they could start over."

"Thats fucking ridiculous." His hand starts to tighten around mine and i put my other hand over it.

"I know. I obviously i felt bad so i found her on facebook and we made plans to meet. I kept it a secret from Drew and i went to meet her today. Then she told me that she had no idea what i was talking about but then she said that she knew your last name and i asked her how and she told me the same thing that everyone else has been telling me."

"Which is?" He relaxed his arm a bit and his hand is now resting comfortably in mine.

"That it's not their place to tell me. What does everyone know that i don't, Wes?" He takes a shaky breath before placing his other hand on top of my hand.

"Well, since it's obvious that he doesn't have plans on telling you, i guess i have to."

"Please." Water is starting to swell up in his eyes and his hands start shaking. I start having flashbacks to the night i found him in the pouring rain and my hand goes towards his face, wiping away a tear that escaped.

"Mary, whens the last time you saw your Dad?" Well that's the last question i expected.

"I already told you, i don't see or talk to him anymore. What the hell does he have to do with any of this?" Tears keep falling down his cheeks and it breaks my heart to see him like this. What could my dad have to do with that is making him break down?

"Has Drew?"

"No he doesn't talk to either one of us. Why?" I move closer to his face and he avoids eye contact with me.

"My mom didn't leave us Mary." He shuts his eyes and he takes another shaky breath.

"What do you mean?" He shakes his head and his whole body starts to shake. "Wesley, what do you mean?"

"She was shot Mary." My heart drops and i sit back, my mouth losing the ability to move.

"By who?" I manage to get out. He looks up at me through water filled eyes and his lips are quivering like a cold wet dog.

"Your dad Mary. Your dad shot my mom with a gun and standing right next to him, watching, was your brother."