Chapter 18

I manage to get through the rest of the week without seeing Wesley, thank god. Friday seemed to last forever though because im so anxious to see Savannah tomorrow and get some questions answered. We agreed to meet at this place called Little Bear Cafe at around 2:30 so i'll have to leave at around 1:30 since its about a 45 minute drive to get there.

I decide on not telling Drew that im going to see Savannah tomorrow for pretty obvious reasons. I'm sure he wouldn't really like his sister going to see his ex girlfriend whom cheated on him and got pregnant with the guy i was becoming interested in. It was a pretty easy decision.

But im terrible at lying to my brother so i try to stay in my room as much as possible on Friday with the excuse that i have a drawing in art class due next week. I end up telling Carter everything that has happened for the reason that i'm going to tell Drew that i'm going to his house tomorrow and if for whatever reason Drew asks Carter about anything, he knows that hes supposed to cover my ass.

I don't even know what i'm gonna say to Savannah tomorrow. I want to know more about this whole Wesley/Drew thing obviously and make sure she's doing fine, but i have no idea how to bring it up to her. I mean, i guess i can just casually ask her how the babys doing or maybe she'll have her baby with her and i can just casually ask who the dad is? What if i make her upset? Oh my god, Mary, what have you gotten yourself into?

I wake up at around 9:30 Saturday morning to go run a few errands before i have to leave. I have to go to my work first just to take a quick quiz to promote me to 3 stars instead of 2, which i end up getting a 100 on, and then i have to make a trip to Target to buy more Hot Pockets since we're out and thats all i ever eat for lunch on the weekends.

"Mary!" I jump out of my skin and drop my box of pizza hot pockets after i grab it out of the freezer when i hear my name get yelled. I turn and see Libra walking down the isle towards me.

"Goodness gracious Libra you almost gave me a heart attack." She bends down to grab the food while i try to steady my breathing back to a normal pace.

"Sorry hun I just haven't seen you since, ya know..." She trails off, not finishing the sentence but we both know what she was referring to.

"Yea, i know, i've had a lot of school work to do and its caused me to call out of work a good amount times." It's actually cause Drew didn't want me going to work incase Wesley comes in or something like that.

"Oh that makes sense. Well, what are you doing today? We could go see a movie or get lunch or-"

"I can't I'm already going to Carters house, sorry." I cut her off before she can finish the list.

"Another time then. Hey, so um, how are you doing?" She leans against the freezer door filled with corn dogs and i look at my feet, avoiding her brooding gaze filled with pity and worry.

"Fine fine im doing fine. I gotta go." I put my box of pockets that are hot into the cart and walk off, not looking back when she says bye.

Its about 12:30 when i get back home and Drews in the basement (or the workout hell) running on the treadmill, sweating tons of bullets down his body.

"Drew!" I exclaim louder than normal because he has earbuds in and after saying his name in a normal voice about 4 times, i realize just saying it has no effect.

"Oh, when did you get back?" He pauses his music and stops the treadmill, reaching for his towel to dry his face.

"Only like 10 minutes ago, i haven't been home long."

"How did the quiz go?" He asks.

"Well, im now a 3 star employee so i guess good." He high fives me and heads up the stairs while i follow behind him.

"I bought 3 boxes of hot pockets by the way, we were out."

"Well i was gonna do that later today so thanks for taking one thing off my schedule." He plops down on the couch and clicks the tv on.

"I'm gonna be leaving again at 1:30 or so."

"Where you going?" He says in a tired voice.

"Just Carters." He makes a noise showing he acknowledged what i said and i watch him close his eyes, falling asleep quickly.

I get to the cafe at the time i planned on, 2:15. Just a tad bit earlier than 2:30. It's a cute little restaurant in the middle of town and they're playing The 1975 on the radio so order a white chocolate mocha, pick a table, and enjoy Mattys voice until a familiar bleach blonde walks through the door.

I wave my hands to signal her over to me and she smiles when she notices me and begins walking toward the table. She cut her hair short, about shoulder length, and shes wearing a loose blue crop top with high waisted black shorts. She hasn't changed as much as i was expecting and she also doesn't have a baby with her. She probably left it with her mom or something to babysit.

"Hi Mary!" I stand up and she embraces me in to a very tight hug. We stay like that for a few seconds when she finally lets go of me and looks at me, holding my shoulders with her arm stretched out.

"You grew up Mary." She scans my face and clothes and i do the same, looking for any signs of stretch marks but my search shows no results.

"It's only been a year Savannah." She laughs and i join her in on it.

"Im gonna go order a coffee real fast, i need a little kick." I sit back down while she goes up to the counter and the barista is practically drooling over her. Savannahs always been gorgeous, i've always felt a tint of jealousy towards her cause of it. I expected her to have a tiny bit more of pudge then she does, considering the fact that she had a baby, but she still looks the same. She probably just worked off the baby weight to the extreme.

"Look at all that whipped cream!" She comes back with a frappucino that is piled high with white whipped cream and she licks the top of, getting some on her nose.

"You got some right there." I point to her nose and she laughs, wiping it off her finger. She sits down and i take a deep breath, deciding on what to ask.

"So, is your mom watching her or?"

"Watching who?" She takes a sip through the straw and looks at me with a confused look.

"Your, uh, baby." I look down and pick at my nails, waiting for her response.

"Baby?" She takes another sip and puts her drink down for the first time since shes gotten it.

"Uh yeah, your baby that uh Wesley..."

"Mary, who the hell is Wesley and why do you think I have a baby?" I drop my coffee and it splatters all over the floor, burning my feet but i barely notice it because im running out the door before Savannah even has a chance to yell my name.