Chapter 13

I woke up the next morning thinking last night was all a dream, but when i saw the finished diorama on my dresser, i knew it wasn't. I had a thousand questions running through my mind all the way from "Did i make a mistake?" to "What shirt will catch Wes's attention the most?" and "Am i in a relationship now?"

After deciding on a sheer navy blue blouse i got ages ago and black shorts that make my butt look better than it actually is, I straighten my hair and put on a tad bit more make up than usual, but nothing over the top. On a normal day, i would just throw on a comfortable shirt and shorts, leave my hair in natural waves, and do foundation with a sweep of mascara. However, due to last nights events, today will not be a normal day.

"What are you so dressed up for?" Drew asks when i walk down stairs.

"Just in a good mood, thats all." I smile brightly at him before slipping on my gray vans and going out the door.

I rule on not telling Carter about everything that happened before talking about it with Wesley first because, walking into school this morning, im not sure if im still single or not.

Wes is at his locker when i spot him and i take a deep breath before going up to him, feeling confident in myself.

"Hi." Is all that comes out in a lot less confident voice than i planned.

"Oh, uh, hey Mary." He leans on his locker after shutting it. He looks nervous while looking around us as if someone was watching, but i brush it off before i can put too much thought into it.

"I was wondering, if you aren't doing anything after school, we could possibly hang out cause i dont have to work today?" I look up at him, biting my lip, hoping to look cute but odds are that im miserably failing at it.

"I would but im suppose to be going skating with Jacob later."

"Oh, um, okay." We stand in silence for a few seconds before he speaks again.

"Another time though?" He suggests and as im walking away after saying bye, he calls my name, causing me to stop in my tracks and whip my head around.

" You look gorgeous today." He smirks at me and my face turns beat red as soon as i turn back around.

During 7th period, Libra texts me asking if I could pick up her shift tonight because she has a date tonight and since i don't have anything better to do, I tell her that I will.

"Do you wanna come to my place later?" Carter asks me after the bell and i wish he would have said it sooner.

"Can't, I have to work tonight."

"What? You never work on Tuesdays?" He looks at me with confusion and i shrug my shoulders at him.

"Libra asked me to pick up her shift tonight so i told her i would." He tells me that if i want to call out of work and come watch Pretty Little Liars with him tonight then i can and think about it for a second before telling him i couldn't do that to her. We say bye to each other and i get in my jeep to run back home and get my uniform.

"How do you always get home before me?" Drews sitting on the couch when i walk in and my uniforms already laid on out the coffee table.

"Okay, more importantly, how did you know i was gonna work tonight?" He grins at me and i automatically know why.

"No you're not!" I gasp and hit him on the shoulder before he can stop me.

"I finally asked her to go on a date and she said yes." His eyes light up and i can't help but to feel complete bliss for my brother. Drew has liked Libra ever since i started my job 6 months ago but he never could work up the courage to tell her. She's never told me that she was interested in him but obviously she was keeping it hidden from me.

"So I'm working tonight so you two can go on a date?" I say when i walk out the bathroom door, already changed into the uniform.

"Love ya." He kisses my head before practically forcing me out the door so that he can start getting ready.

~~~

Work is going slow and i start to regret working tonight before i see one of Wes's friends walk in with who i believe is his parents.

"Table for 3." His father tells me and i lead them to their table. As im walking away, i hear the woman tell Wes's friend something, but it was his name that caught my attention.

"Put your phone away Jacob." She said.

I mean, it is 8 pm, so they could already be done hanging out. Or maybe its a different Jacob. Or maybe he just flat out lied to me so that he wouldn't have to hang out. Either way, neither of my theorys could have prepared me for what i saw when i left to get in my car.

After 9 hit, i clocked out and walked out into the breezy air when i hear someone from the side of the restaurant. I turn to see Laura walking out of the shadows laughing with someones hand in hers and the last person i expected that hand to be attached to, but probably should have, walked out right behind her.