Chapter 12

"Uhh Wes, what time is Dad suppose to be home?" Keaton asks after finishing the last piece of pizza we decided to order earlier. Me and Keaton finished most of it ourselves because Wesley says he doesn't want to eat, as he calls it, "triangles of grease".

"Oh shit, 10:30. What time is it right now?" I check my phone and find a text from Drew reminding me that its a school night and i should probably be getting home soon.

"10:10." I answer him.

"Dammit Mary, you gotta go home."

"Okay." Im a little offended but I brush it off.

"Its nothing to do with you it's just...." Keaton slowly drifts off without finishing his sentence.

"It's just our Dad is what he means." Wesley finishes for him and i notice them both becoming nervous and i can't help but wonder what's exactly going on.

"Oh no, it's fine." I assure them. "We got school tomorrow so i should be getting home anyways."

"I'll walk you out." Wesley tells me and Keaton yells bye as we walk out the front door. I unlock my jeeps door when Wesley grabs my hand and turns me around to face him.

"I had fun tonight." He tells me and the moonlight is shining directly behind him, making him look ridiculously beautiful. Our hands are still holding each others and we're standing toe to toe.

"I did too." I smile at him and he wraps his arm around my waist, sending chills up my entire. body.

"I'm glad." He removes his hand from mine to lift my chin up to his face and before i know what's happening, our lips are on each others. It's a very soft kiss, but it is enough to get flames coursing through out my body. His lips are soft and taste like vanilla chapstick with a rush of cinnamon coming from his breath. My arms find my way to his neck just as he slowly pulls away.

"You gotta go now." His arms remain on my waist and I'm attempting to control my breathing pattern back to normal.

"Yeah." He plants a small kiss on my lips again and I get into the drivers seat.

"See you tomorrow?" I ask him before shutting the door. He nods his head with his mouth grinning from ear to ear, looking like a child that just heard he's going to Disneyland.

"Bye Mary." He says before walking back to his house and i watch him the whole way before starting the jeep and driving back home with billions of thoughts of Wesley rushing through my head.

~~~

"You're home late." Drew tells me as soon as i walk in the door.

"Sorry, i was at Carters house and we lost track of time."

"You're fine. Working on a school project?"

"Yeah this thing for biology that's due tomorrow." I sit on the couch next to him.

"That diorama one for Mrs.Lannis class?"

"That would be the one."

"I had to do that. I got a hundred on it." He smiles proudly about his accomplishment.

"Yeah yeah no one cares." I nudge him and we both laugh quietly.

"I can't believe im graduating this year."

"I know. What am i gonna do when you go to college?" I haven't actually thought about this yet and the thought terrifies me actually.

"I'm only going to USC, i will be a phone call away and i'll be here as soon as you need me."

"Only 3 years after this year and i'll hopefully be joining you there." Me and Drew have been planning on going to University of South California since we were kids because we both love California too much to leave it and we don't want to be far from home.

"Dont worry, i know you will get in."

"Where's mom?" It's Monday and she usually gets off at about 9 today but her cars not even in the driveway.

"She got caught up at work and had to stay longer."

"Oh, okay." We sit in silence for a few minutes before i tell him goodnight and go up to bed, thoughts of Wesley lips and the indescribable feeling i felt not even a hour ago.

~~~

It's 11:11 and all i have is one wish.

I wish to not get hurt.