Chapter 10

The next few days were great. George had originally complained about his cut hurting a lot, but as the days went on, it hurt less and less. Ringo's leg had been a little red in the beginning, but it was all better now. Paul and John had been spending a lot more time together. Paul was frustrated to find that within a day of them cleaning John's room, it was already back to its messy state. This amused John, which made Paul even more frustrated. But besides that, John felt like Paul and him were really connecting more. He was sure that sooner or later, they would be together.

Or so he thought.

John slapped his hand on the card pile and laughed.

"Yes!" He dragged all the cookies in the middle towards him. "All mine!"

Ringo and George groaned.

John kept smiling and bit into one of the cookies. "Hmph, whmpth Prll?" He said with an full mouth.

George raised an eyebrow. "What?"

John held up his finger and swallowed. He then repeated himself. "Where's Paul?"

George rolled his eyes. "Of course."

Ringo laughed and shoved him playfully.

"I think he went to get groceries." George shrugged. "Not sure."

John bit his lip. "Hey can I ask you two something?"

George and Ringo both looked scared, but they nodded.

"Do you two...like each other?" John forced out.

Ringo and George both started crying laughing. They couldn't stop for about 5 minutes. John sat there blushing the whole time. When they finally did stop, Ringo spoke.

"Well, we like each other, but we don't like each other."

"Oh, ok." John muttered. "But what should you do if you like a person, and you think they might really like you too?"

"Well." George shrugged. "If you know the person likes you back, then it should be easy to ask them out."

John smiled and nodded. Then, right on cue, there was a knock on the door. John jumped up and ran to it. He flung it open and started yelling excitedly. "Paul, I have something-"

John quickly stopped smiling. A girl was standing next to Paul. They were holding hands and Paul was blushing.

"This is Tina." He giggled.

John turned his head towards the girl and made a very fake smile. "Hello, Tina."

Tina smirked at John, and looked him up and down. Then, she winked at him. Her and Paul stepped inside, and left John standing there confused.

Paul and Tina both waved at George and Ringo. They both waved back, looking very confused too. Then Paul and Tina immediately ran upstairs.

John stood puzzled at the bottom of the stairs. He heard a bunch of giggles, followed by the slam of a door. He looked at George and Ringo and furrowed his brows. George and Ringo both looked scared.

"What'd we do?!" Ringo yelped.

"Why didn't you tell me he had a new bird?!" John yelled trying to sound as intimidating as possible, but there was a slight lump in his throat.

"We have no idea." George shrugged.

"What?!" John threw his hands up in the air. "What do you mean?!"

Ringo stared at him, confused by this question. "What do you mean 'what do you mean'?"

John grunted. "I meant that what you're telling me, is that he just picked up a girl at, where was he? The supermarket! He picked up a girl at the market and is now upstairs with her making love?!"

George shrugged again. "Yeah, pretty much. Why, does that not seem like a thing he'd do?"

Ringo nodded in agreement with George. "I mean, it's kind of his thing. He does it a lot, no?"

John looked down at his feet. "I thought we were finally connecting." He whispered to himself.

There was loud thumping noises vibrating the ceiling of the first floor. George and Ringo just sat there, looking down at their laps, and John just stood there transfixed.

He heard a lamp shatter to the floor, followed by the girl screaming and Paul laughing. Then, the thumping continued. George and Ringo both went to bed after a while. After about 30 minutes, John decided to go upstairs. He pushed open Paul's door a crack. They were both asleep, and naked. Their clothes lie on the floor. John smirked and quietly crept into the room.

John went downstairs with his arms full with the girl's clothes. He opened a drawer and took out a pair of scissors. He smiled and was about to start cutting away, when something fell out of the girl's jacket pocket. A million pictures of her and her boyfriend spilled onto the floor, along with a small piece of paper with his number on it.

John giggled and rubbed his hands together.

"This is gonna be better than I thought."