Chapter twelve

"That was a stupid idea."

"I think you've told me that enough times by now, Brother." Thor grumbled, waving down the barmaid and ordering another two mugs of mead. "I wanted something that would bring us closer... as close as we were when we were children."

"Thor, when we were children I used to pointedly avoid you. I stabbed you if you got too close to me. Or, just for fun." Loki gladly took another mug of mead, taking a long swig before he met the eye of his brother. "We're closer now than we've probably ever been."

Thor allowed the conversation to lapse into silence as he took a long drink from his mug, before he set it down and gave his brother a smile. "I have a challenge for you, Brother. And it shall not prove as easy as it seems."

Loki narrowed his eyes at the thunderer. "What sort of challenge?"

"Whomever gets a kiss first, wins."

The trickster raised an eyebrow, his interest peaked. "Explain."

"It's simple- whomever gains a kiss first, wins. A kiss from anyone in this bar. The only rules are; no bribery, and the person must be fairly sober. If the person you kissed is drunk off his ass, it does not count. Oh, and you can't initiate it. Your partner must." Thor's grin was wide and confident, which pissed Loki off beyond belief.

"The game is rigged. The people of Asgard fear me."

"Since when have our games ever been fair, Loki?" The thunderer downed the rest of his mead, flashing a grin before giving his brother a playful punch to the shoulder. "Allow the game to commence! Best of luck, brother."

And with that, Thor was off, pretending to bump into a pretty young lady with long, dark hair, then apologizing for his mistake. God, he was so predictable.

Loki stood slowly, glancing around the bar in search of a target. As soon as he finished his mead, his eyes lit up, having spotted a strong, powerful looking man whom was seated at the bar, his blond hair pulled up into a bun behind his head. The man was drinking beer, it looked like.

With smooth, quiet movements, Loki slid on to the stool beside him, the man noticing him out of the corner of his eye.

The man looked down at his beer, before turning his head to properly look at the trickster. "Good evening, your highness." His voice was deep, and he seemed rather tired, taking another swig of his drink.

"No need for formalities... I am Loki. And you are...?" Noticing the man's drink was near empty, Loki waved over a barmaid and ordered him another.

"Grim. Though, I can promise you, I'm not as Grim as I may seem," The man almost smiled. "Thank you... what have I done to earn a beer from the prince of Asgard?"

"Well, first of all, you didn't get up and run when I sat down," Loki almost laughed, his smile bright and true. This new man was rather adorable, with bright green eyes and a buff figure, beautiful blond hair tied back into a bun.

Grim cracked a smile, meeting Loki's eyes with his own. "It's wonderful to meet you... Loki."

"And I you," Loki lifted his own new drink as almost a toast with the man, and they clinked their mugs together before Loki took a sip of his own. "Tell me, Grim... have you been with a man before?"

At that, the man's green eyes flickered up and down Loki's body, one which looked rather masculine at the moment, with wide shoulders and a powerful chest.

"I have not," he admitted, though with a lick of his lips, he whispered quite heavily, "But I'll try anything once." He took a swig or his beer, a smirk on his lips as he gave a gentle sigh.