Chapter 5

Calum's POV

I lie awake that night, replaying everything that happened. Her arms slung around his neck. Her reaction to my lyrics. how startled she seemed when I angrily got up. Does she even know how crazy she drives me? How insane she makes me in the best way possible?

• • •

I wake up to the beeping of my alarm clock, 6:58. I pull the covers around me and wrap myself up so that only my face is visible. Who knew Australia was so cold in the beginning of September like what the fuck?

I waddle over to my dresser and pull out an old blink 182 t-shirt and grab the first pair of skinny jeans I see. I remove my comforter and change into my clothes. As I walk down the stairs I peek in the mirror and tousle my hair. I imagine sitting around joking and laughing with Amanda as she messes up my hair. But she wouldn't do that, not in that way at least because I'm not Ashton.

I'll never be Ashton. I'll never be hers and she'll never be mine.

The thought of it alone makes me so angry I text Luke and tell him to not bother driving me to school today, I don't think sitting in a car with Ashton is the best idea right now. After texting him I grab some breakfast and brush my teeth. It's about 7:15 and I start walking.

I make sure to walk slow contemplating what I'm supposed to do.

Do I fight for her? Do I move on? Get even with Ashton? Tell her how I feel?

I just don't know how I'm supposed to deal with any of this. How can a girl you've known for almost three days come into your life and flip it upside down? I think back to what I wrote about her... Ever since the day that we met, I couldn't get you out of my head

There was always something about you. Every chance that I seem to get,

finds a way to end in regret. There was always something about you.

Jealousy keeps containing me, in time you'll see, just what we could be.

I may have just found the answer to all of my questions.

• • •

I get to school a bit early and see Luke and Ashton are already here. That's strange. I step closer, they don't see me but I have a better chance of seeing what they're doing. They're walking into the building holding a ton of cards. I slip inside the door Luke just moments ago almost closed completely. I follow them keeping my distance and notice they're walking towards Amanda's locker. Ashton slips a card inside and heads down the hall, Luke following close behind.

They continue down the hall sticking cards here and there. They continue too be forward and I pick up one of the colored squares. A clue?

"On this date we won't need to drive, continue left for clue number five."

How cheesy.

I decide I have some time and do as the card instructed. I reach the stairs and don't see a card. But I do see an arrow and who woulda thought the card would be on the ceiling. I pick it up and read it.

"Amanda, you make me feel wonderful we blend so well together. We mix perfectly and for that reason go up the stairs to find clue number six."

Again with the rhyming? dude it's getting out of hand. And the only thing he mixes with is my emotions like damn.

I'm about to go up the stairs but the bell rings forcing me back the way I came and towards my locker.

I pass by Amanda's and she's there laughing with Ashton who refuses to let her into her locker. She playfully smacks his arm and he begins to tickle her making her laugh the most beautiful laugh I've ever heard. I can't watch much longer or else something might snap...maybe Ashton's neck.