Chapter 15

I enter the house carefully, trying not to cause myself anymore pain then I'm already in. I take the steps an inch at a time and I don't make it to my room for what seems to be ten minutes.

I carefully close my door, grab my English book and head into the bathroom. I start the tub and let it fill up with warm water before carefully climbing inside and reading.

The warm water stings at first but soon my muscles relax and the pain eases up a bit. I skim over the pages and toss the book onto the floor outside the tub. I've easily read it six times already and I just don't think I plan on reading it a seventh this year.

It's about 4:00ish by the time I get out of the tub and my fingers are pruned to the point that they look like skin-colored raisins. I kept my hair in a bun to make the whole "getting ready for tonight" process easier. I remove the towel that was rapped around my body and replace it quickly with my fuzzy robe.

I sit on my bed and look at the mirror attached to my dresser, thinking about how I'd like to approach this whole costume thing.

The first thing I do is rummage through my drawers for some basic black high waisted shorts which are buried at the bottom of my drawer along with the rest of the "old Amanda" attire I once wore regularly. along with that comes a black halter crop top I managed to find hanging in my closest and add my black combat boots.

I spend at least twenty minutes on my regular makeup before I actually apply the whole shabang- I'm talking cat whiskers and that sparkly shit girls use. my cat ears are the cheap $0.99 once you buy at party city and I don't bother putting on a tail because that's just stupid and I look myself over in the mirror. My stomach begins to churn and I wish I was April or a power ranger right now because being a cat doesn't feel right.

The door bell rings and echoes through the house. I take a deep breath and trot down the stairs two at a time.

I sneak past the living room where my mom and Danny are watching some Halloween special on Disney. Once I'm out of sight I call goodbye to my mom and open the door to greet Ashton.

He's dressed in his regular clothes but a mask covering his eyes and a few more holes in his shirt than usual.

"What are you supposed to be?" I ask trying to hide the smirk on my face.

"I'm a lonely cat person obviously." he jokes and I allow myself to laugh aloud. we link arms as we walk towards the car and he opens the door for me and walks around the back of the car.

• • •

We park a few houses away from Britney's and start heading inside. I spot Michael's car and assume they are already inside.

As Ashton goes to open the door Britney pulls it open and looks me up and down as I look over her devil costume.

"Sorry no pets allowed." she fake pouts, directing her comment to me.

"Oh my bad, I thought this was a costume party but judging by what you're wearing, I guess not." I give her the bitchiest smile possible and she stomps inside leaving the door open.

Britney lived in a three-story home with an abnormally large pool, five bedrooms, round the clock maid services, and the iron gate that blocked her home from middle class families on her street.

She lived the perfect life and threw the perfect parties, including this one. There was more decorations than you could find in an actual halloween store. Music blasted throughout the house. It is a little passed 9:00 and there has to be at least 175-200 people here.

Ashton had his hand on the small of my back as we walked around the house in search of Calum, Michael, and Luke.

We walk through the house and spot Michael and Luke as we enter what appears to be the fifth living room we've walked through so far.

I hug them and the three guys do some weird head nods and I scan the room for Calum- nothing.

"Where's Cal?" I question and take the drink Michael offered me.

"Haven't seen him. He didn't even come with us." Luke remarks, taking a sip of his own drink.

So here we sit, three guys in masks along with a slutty cat trying to find a lost best friend who hasn't even been acting like a best friend at all.

A.N// hello this sucks and I haven't updated in at least months and I'm sorry. I don't know I'm lazy and I always have homework and I'm on three sports teams at the moment and I have constant writers block and this is definitely the shortest chapter yet but I figured the 2 readers I have might as well get something. I think I haven't been able to write because I have an idea for a short story I really want to write and I'm hella excited but I won't start it until I finish this and this isn't even halfway through yet so wish me luck. no one will read this let alone the rest of the book so I'll keep updating and you guys just keep ignoring me. sorry for the wait I'm trying my best.

-Doon.