Chapter 7

I take a deep breath. Did Ashton really just.. well I don't know what he did exactly. Does he want "us" to become a couple, or was he just putting it out there as an option? Do I want to? No, I can't. It goes against everything I stand for. My whole outlook on life would be twisted and smashed if I did for more than a week or two.

I open the front door and am alarmed by the sight of not only Danny and Michael in the living room but Luke and Calum too.

"How was it?" Luke questions.

"Fine. Good. Nice. I'm tired goodnight." I rush up the stairs avoiding anymore questions.

I slip into a pair of soccer shorts and a tank top. I pull my hair out of the braid and turn it into a messy bun on the top of my head. After brushing my teeth I head to my bed pull back the covers and begin to stair at the ceiling, just thinking. After a few minutes I hear the front door close and Michael saying goodnight to Danny. He then nocks on my door upon entering and sits on the edge of my bed.

"Amanda what happened tonight?"

"Well," I began clearing my throat. "He kissed me and told me he's willing to become serious with me."

"That's a big deal he never does that. like ever."

"Neither do I though." I take a deep breath and Michael stifles a laugh. "What was that for?"

"Amanda for as smart as you may be, you sure as hell are fucking clueless."

And with that Michael stood up and left.

• • •

It's 2:43 in the morning and I roll over to see Danny curled up in a ball next to me.

"Jenny you're insane!"

"Really Stan? Really? What the fuck did I do? Oh that's right, nothing."

"She needed help with the printer!"

"So you kiss her? How does that fix anything!?"

"I'm sorry jenny-"

"How long?"

"What I don't kno-"

"How long have you been cheating on me Stan?"

"About four months." My father whispers, a small gasp escapes my lips.

"Get out."

"Jenny don't do this you know I love you."

"Get out." My mother demands through gritted teeth I assume.

I hear the front door slam. Tears spill down my cheeks. I was right. Once you're older you're love dies. My mom wasn't good enough anymore. My dad got bored, he went for a "newer model".

I can't believe he did this. The only relationship I had faith in lasting was potentially over. I turn over in bed and pray that Danny slept through what had just happened. I study the frown imprinted on his face as he sleeps. I hope he finds a girl one day and treats her right. I guess this answers my question about Ashton.

3:56. I have yet to fall asleep between my own quiet sobs and the faint sound of my mother crying down the hall keeping my eyes pride open. No matter how tired I am, I refuse to sleep. I'll sleep when I hear the front door swing open and my father walk in and beg for forgiveness. I'll sleep when I know everything is the way it should be.

• • •

Either my father came home or I ended up passing out because Danny wakes me from my drowsy state, jumping up and down on the bed.