Chapter 17

Britney took off after zorro and Ashton, Michael, Luke and I followed after darting down the long hallway. when we got outside no one was there just us and the darkness.
• • •
Ashton ended up driving me home and when he pulled up in front of my house he stopped the car but told me to wait.

"Amanda, I know we aren't serious but what was going on with that guy?" Ashton looked at me his eyes searching my face.

"Nothing this other guy was bothering me and he told him to back off." I admitted.

"Why didn't you come find me?"

"I tried why do you think I was backed into a wall?" I question back defensively.

Ashton didn't reply with words instead he forcefully pressed me into the car door and kissed me hard on the lips.

"Labels or not, you're mine," he growled and I didn't bother to retaliate a response.

I got out of the car and told him I would call him tomorrow. I got inside and saw my mother and Danny lying down on the couch.

I tiptoed up stairs and into my room where I changed into pajamas and cleared my face of all that makeup. I pulled my hair into a loose bun and as I sat on my bed there was a tiny knock on my door.

"Come in," I called and Danny crept inside clutching his old teddy bear to his chest and rubbing his eye with the back of his sleeve.

He approaches me slowly his green and grey race car pajamas were too large on him and the bottoms dragged with each step.

"What's up kid?" I asked patting the comforter next to me.

"Can I sleep with you Amanda banana?" He asked shyly hugging his bear tighter.

"Of course kiddo any reason why?" I ask pulled back the covers and tucking the two of us in. He didn't answer.

After a few moments of silence I decided to turn off the lights and kissed Danny's forehead thinking he was asleep.

"Amanda banana, where's daddy?" Danny asked shaking and moving closer to me.

"I don't know danny, I don't know." I said in a low whisper trying not to cry and held him closer.
• • •

We woke up around noon and Danny's hair was a mess. I chuckled and the two of us raced down the stairs. My mom left a note on the fridge saying she had meetings all day and she wanted me to stay home with Danny.

After I found some Mac and cheese and fed the two of us I called Ashton. We decided that him, luke, and Michael would come over to hangout with me and Danny.

"So Danny, Michael, Luke and Ashton are gonna come over and hangout with us doesn't that sound fun?" I asked with enthusiasm.

"And Calum?" He asked tipping his head to the side.

"No, I don't think he'll be around for awhile." I reply shifting in my seat.

"Why not?" Danny asked yet another question.

"Because friends stop being friends sometimes. Now no more questions you keep eating and I'll layout your clothes and then take a shower." I state as I get up and bring my empty bowl to the dishwasher.
• • •

The guys arrive around 2:00 and Danny is sitting on the living room floor watching Spongebob.

"Sup Danny" Luke calls from the door and Michael runs over to ruffle his hair.

"Hi to you too, guys," I joke and greet Ashton at the door as he kisses me on the cheek and walks inside.

"Hey Danny!" Ashton smiles and Danny only gives him a slight glance.

Luke and Michael sit next to Danny on the floor and me and Ashton sit together on the couch.

"So, Amanda," He begins, "I've had dinner with your family and I was wondering if you'd like to have dinner with mine?" He asks timidly and I can't help but blush.

"Uh sure I'd really enjoy that," I smile at Ashton.

"Great, how's tonight? My moms having her boyfriend over and I feel awkward with them just on my own.." he admits.

"Tonight is perfect," I nod and the five of us continue to watch the Spongebob marathon on television.
• • •

After Luke and Ashton leave Michael stays to help me find an outfit for tonight which is really him sitting on my bed and me throwing clothes left and right.

"Why don't you dress like 'old Amanda' tonight?" Michael asks using air quotes around "old Amanda".

"She's gone." I turn and tell Michael before continuing to dig through my closet. I finally settle on a maroon, silk halter top with black skinny jeans and some white converse. I kick Michael out so that I can get changed.

"How do I look?" I ask opening my bedroom door to show michael.

"You look like the Amanda you want to be." he says and makes a remark under his breath that I can't hear.

As I'm taking care of my hair and makeup Michael gets a text from his mom and has to head home.

My moms been home for at least a half hour and informs me that Ashton is at the door.

He's wearing a flannel and a pair of skinny jeans with a whole in the knee, typical.

"Hi," he breathes and I nod at him smiling and saying hi back.

I kiss my mom on the cheek and we walk to the car.
• • •

"I'm nervous," I admit as we sit in the driveway of his house.

"Don't be my mom is so excited to meet you," Ashton encourages as we get out of the car and head for the door.

As Ashton goes to open the front door his mother pulls it back and is standing with her boyfriend.

When I see who it is I begin to feel very, very nauseous as if the room was starting to spin.

"Amanda!?" He exclaims in surprise.

"Dad..." I stutter hardly able to move, my knees grow weak and I'm finding it hard to breath.