Chemical Reaction

Me, papa, Mal, Evie, Freddie, Jane and Allie are in a Science Lab.

"Creating rainbow nail polish is cool, but...is this a school sanctioned experiment?" Jane asks.

"Let's just say it won't be on the final exam. Jane, can you get me the emulsifier?" Evie smiles.

Jane opens a cupboard. "They're gone! And so are the coagulants."

"Whatever those are." I stroke papa. "Uh, check the drawers, maybe?"

Allie looks in a drawer. "They appear to have wandered away. Curiouser and curiouser." She looks at me.

"I'm not Jafar!" I growl.

"I don't get it. Everyone in Auradon is so good. Who would do this?" Jane asks as she walks back to us.

"I'll tell you who. The same person who spray-painted my room!" Audrey walks in and shows us a picture of Maleficent's sign.

"Oh, snap. That's harsh." Freddie smirks.

"Yeah, I was about to use the same words. Snap, harsh. Absolutely." Jane is so awkward.

"And who do we know has a history of defacing property with spray-paint? A history of breaking the rules? A history of evil?" Audrey asks.

"Me!" Everyone looks at me. "I use to spray paint, break rules and be evil."

"I'm talking about Mal, idiot!" Audrey yells. Papa hisses.

Mal's eyes turn green. "Oh, and don't forget, a history of using magic." Her spell book flies into her hands. "Double, double, toil and trouble. Cauldron burst with brilliant bubble." Little bubbles form from Evie's experiment.

"That's not supposed to happen." Evie looks at her experiment.

"Delightful! Oh, look at them all." Allie smiles like the Cheshire Cat.

Bubbles pop on Audrey's dress. The bubbles leave colourful stains. "What the bibbity?!"

"No! No! Mal!" They all shout. I dodge every single bubble and it's really fun. I have a history of dodging things like knives, empty glass bottles, glass in general, swords and more dangerous things that were thrown by papa. He would pick them up either by his tail or in his mouth and he would throw them at me. Apparently, only a 'good villain' can dodge everything they come across.

"Do not move!" Audrey holds Jane in front of her.

"No! No! Help!"

"It's only a dream. It's only a dream." Allie hides underneath the table.

"Can't believe I'm fighting bubbles!" Freddie pops every bubble with a test tube. The bubbles stop.

"Oh, no! Look what you did! Our clothes are ruined!" Audrey looks at her dress. She looks at me. "How are you-"

"I have a history of dodging things." I interrupt her.

"I love this dress." Jane looks pretty sad.

"Mal, how could you?" Allie asks.

"Oh, but those outfits That's the new style. You look totally hot and hot is the new cool." Evie steps in front of Mal and shows them their reflections in her mirror.

"Hot is the new cool?" Allie is just like an interviewer.

"No, hot is the new butt cheek. Yes, hot is the new cool." I roll my eyes.

"Actually, yeah. I have heard that." Audrey smiles.

"They are pretty fetch." Allie looks at her clothes.

"I can make this work." Freddie lightens up.

"I love this." Jane looks at Freddie.

"We totally look fab. Now, back to the experiment." Evie pushes them away.

"Oh, yay! What shall we do first?" For gods sake, Allie!

"Mal, what's going on with you?" Evie turns around and Mal is gone. She looks at me. "Something is wrong. And it's only getting worse."

"Evie, we'll find out what's wrong with Mal." I hug her.