Chapter 19

Paige

I woke up and remembered why I still felt Chris next to me. Him losing his job has really made me see how things will be once were really on our own. When I move out my mom's house and he still doesn't live with his mom. Noah was asleep in his crib still. He's so precious and now that I can see it Noah looks a lot like Chris. I got out the room and went downstairs to make a bottle for Noah and some breakfast for me and Chris. Like I said from before I feel so helpless like I want to work especially because Chris was let go. I went online and found places that had postioins open for work. Little places like the dollar store, Acme, a pet store, and a five below. I need to talk to Chris about working. I heard someone coming down the stairs and thought it would be Chris...but it wasn't. It was my dad...and my mom.

Mom: Good morning Paige

me: Good morning Mom

Dad: Good morning Paige

me: Good morning Dad

Dad: Look..me and your mother have talked and we feel like its only right to help you out. We never mean to be so far away and out your life at all. Work is important in this family and you know that. We would like to have dinner with you Chris and Noah tonight...if thats alright with you.

me: Thats fine

Mom: Listen honey we really do want what's beat for you and I'm sorry about the other day.

me: Apology accepted

Mom: Great so see you at seven..I'll text you later to find out where we will go?

me: Yea thats fine

Dad: We need to run a couple errands and will meet you at wherever we end up going.

me: Ok..have fun...and thanks mom and dad

Mom & Dad: Your welcome Honey

With that they left and I could tell tonight would be one interesting night. I looked over and saw Chris with Noah in his hand. It was one of the most beautiful things that I've ever seen.

Chris: Sooo..dinner tonight with your parents?

Me: Yea...they want to talk to us

Chris: About what?

me: I really don't know..but now that its me and you..how do you feel about me working now?

Chris: You know I don't like it...but eight now we need as much money as we can get. We can have my mom or your parents watch Noah when were at work I guess. When I'm home I'll have him and when your home you will have him..and at the end of the day we will be one big happy family.

Me: *smiles* One big happy family *kisses lips*

So me and Chris ate and I fed Noah. He doesn't really easy much but the doctor said once he hits his weight he will eat a lot more. I got showered and dressed and then Chris was wiping down Noah with wipes. We were going to just go out and come back home. Maybe take a walk or a little drive. We've been looking at places to move into once we get our money together. We all got in the car and just drove to different places and towns in Jersey. We really do like places like Mt.Laurel and Cherry Hill.

Chris

We took a drive around different towns in jersey and I like it. At this age I didn't think I would ever have a family but I'm doing the best job at being a dad and a boyfriend. Thats another thing. I don't know where me and Paige will end up at all. I want to put a ring on her finger because she's the mother if my child but I don't know if thats what I want. I think its what I want but I'm just not sure.

Paige

It was 6:39 and we were getting ready to leave for dinner. Chris was nervous and I wasn't really nervous. We got to Carabas and they had a table for us already.

Dad: Glad to see you guys

He stood up and shook hands with Chris and looked at Noah. This was his first time seeing him and you could tell that my dad was happy.. no matter the circumstance.

Dad: Can I sit by Noah?...

me: Yea thats fine...you haven't spent time with him so

Noah was in between my dad and Chris and I sat next to mom on the other booster.

Waiter: Hello guys my name is Amy..can I start you off with something to drink?

Mom: I'd like the mango and coconut crusted special

me: I'll take a water

Chris: Can I have a ginger ale

Dad: I'll take a ginger ale also

Amy: Ok I'll be right out with your drinks

We sat there and looked over the menu once we all decided what we were gonna have we started talking.

Dad: So how old is Noah?

Chris: He's  5 months

Dad: How old are you

Chris: I'm 17 I'll be 18 in December

Dad: Oh wow that's cool... I remember those days...you'll have to tell me what you want for your birthday

Mom: Sooo...listen your father and I have done some talking and we think that we should be apart of your life and the baby's life. We know that we haven't been there for you when you needed us the  most but we truly are sorry..for all the bad that we've done.

me: I accept your apology. I never wanted life to be this way but you can never really plan enough. We would want you guys to be apart of Noah's life.

Chris: Being that we are a family now and that theirs a kid in the mix we really new to stay together.

me: The first 5 years of a child's life are the most important.

Mom: Yea..I'm sorry I let you down Paige. We all know why I got so pressed on work and haven't paid any attention to you.

Amy: Here are your drinks..would you like to order now or you need a few more minutes.

Mom: We can order now..I'll take the lobster ravioli

me: I'll have the lobster ravioli also

Chris: I want the steak with mashed potatoes and corn

Amy: How would you like your steak done?

Chris: Medium rare

Dad: I'll take the Alfredo pasta

Amy: Ok I'll have your meals out to you very shortly.

Me: You know...I'm glad that we all feel the same way. There will be times when we will need you guys to watch Noah. We are both looking for jobs right now and need people to watch him at times.

Dad: I have no problem with that

Noah began to shift and wake up. My dad looked at him and tears formed in his eyes. Noah held his hand and he fell apart then.

Dad: He's so precious

me: I know

I began to tear up a little and my mom gave me a hug. The food soon came and we went back home. When we got home my dad and Cris and Noah went to the basement to watch the game. I went upstairs and fell asleep.