chapter two

Mely's p.o.v

I step in the compound of the school, every one was in the your best that I felt what my aunt said this morning was true. I was wearing a rag, l didn't know that I was crying till lizy my only friend wiped away the tears from my face. Wow Mely you look very beautiful in this dress. look at you why didn't you tell me when you went to buy it? We could have gone together dear. I know lizy am sorry it's just that I had not plan on buying it, I just saw it and took it. I hate lying to my only friend but I didn't want her to feel bad more than she feels already. I didn't want to tell her because I knew that when I tell her she will tell me to keep my savings and buy me the dress. Lizabeth's family they were very rich her father was a multi millionaire in our town. Every one in our college wanted to be friends with her because of her money but for her she never wanted that.

How did we become friends you may wonder.one day I left home empty stomach as usual but this time was worst l had not eaten for three days at lunch break I was just looking at people buying so much food that they can't finish and wished I could be them I didn't realize that someone was watching me until she came with two plates of food. She asked me to join her after so much insisting I eat with her and from that day we became inseparable. Some people says that we look alike but I don't believe them. She uses so much make up I don't, she is super rich, am super poor, she is tall, am short, she has Short hair, l have long, her eyes are brown mine are black so I wonder why do people say that we look alike and that's why she accepted me as her friend although our social life is very different.

Coming back to the present I took a look at her and she was in her shorts as usual with a lot of make up and she looked very beautiful as always. you don't look bad yourself. She just laughed and hugged me. Soon after we left to our classes to talk about the party we had after to say goodbye to each other. Everyone talked as usual I didn't put a word because I knew l wasn't going to attend, first my aunt won't allow me, second, I don't have money for parties so I zoned out and left the party for people with their money to waste. You zoned out again, l had lizy's voice turning to her I realized that people were leaving meaning they are done. Sorry I had nothing to contribute so I was thinking of what I will do after college. Hey why don't l speak to my father this evening he can find you something to do since you took business. I looked at her with a shock in my eyes, how was I going to work in their company when I didn't have any experience? No this is taking advantage of a good friend I better struggle alone she has done enough already. Thanks Sis but l already have a job. I lied again. She turned sadly and didn't say anything.

We were walking in the garden when her name was called she turned and said its her dad, let's go and say hi final I get to introduce you to my dad am sure he's gonna like you, lets go she said all that at a go without pause. She dragged me with her when we reach her father was on a phone. we waited for him to finish. After like 5 minutes he was still talking, one of our teacher past by and saw us, he said that he was looking for me every where and its good he found me. I had to follow him in his office so I left lizy and her dad there.

Read

Like

And

Comment please.