Chapter Fifteen

Mely's P. O. V

My baby can't be killed, think Mely it's your baby he wants to kill. That only made me want to kill him.
I waited till they were all sleeping and everything was quite, I hope this works. I tied the bed sheets on the window and went down slowly making sure not to make a sound. Thank God I reached down, now to get through the watch men. I tiptoed luckily they were sleeping. slowly I went to the gate opened and went out, I ran as fast as my weak legs could carry me. I didn't look behind afraid he might be following me.
I was out of breath but l couldn't stop so I moved on, running faster because my baby's life depended on me,l wasn't alone anymore,i have a life to protect. That's what I kept telling myself.

I didn't know that I had reached the main road till the car almost knocked me out. I closed my eyes ready to meet my mum, all over sudden everything was dark and quite, finally we meet mum.

Lizy's P. O. V

I had manage to take dady for a movie and we were having so much fun, since I lost contact with my better half friend I was never the same, I was always angry and sad. I wondered what happened and why she didn't say goodbye. Coming back from the movie we were about to reach home when our car almost knocked someone.

Dady went out first to check her, I was so shocked to move. Daddy called me so loud that's when I remember what was about to happen, getting out I help daddy to take her in the car cause she had fainted. We sat in the car, then I looked at her and to my shock it was Mely! Da...daddy..... It's Mely. It's my Melizabeth daddy, look it's her.

Daddy just looked at me like I was crazy or I knocked my head.
At the hospital I gave them her identity and daddy was shock, he didn't believe me yet. Since he was a doctor and we were at our hospital so he decided to take care of Mely.

He went into her room, l guess to check on her. After what felt like forever he came out with a very sad face. One look at him and l knew that things aren't good.
Daddy what's wrong? I asked immediately when he reached where I was waiting. Honey we need to talk. Just as I thought.
We went to his office and sat down, then my daddy started. Sweetheart your friend has surfed abuse,she has been getting beatings,she has broken ribs,swollen blood, malnutrition and to top it all.....he took a deep breath by now l was crying heavily, I was blaming her for living me alone but little did I know she was suffering. Please daddy tell me what the last stroke?

I asked him after wiping the tears that were about to fall. She is pregnant, he said. I stood up and went out without saying anything. Slowly I found myself in her room just staring at her. A nurse came in and checked on her then she left, I went to her and took a look at her and it's true, she was so thin very thin, her face had some black marks. If her face is like this what of her body? I asked myself. My blood boiled when I thought of it. I stood up with one promise...whoever did this better pray l don't see him or her! I will make their lives a living hell, could it be her aunt? Yes her aunt can do this, with that I went out of the room but before I had a voice and stopped just at the door.please don't go... Don't leave me alone please. I went back to her took her hand in mine, don't worry dear I won't leave you again, then she closed her eyes holding on my hand firmly.

Daddy? I didn't know for how long I was sleeping there but when l woke up daddy was sitting on the couch looking at us. Why didn't you wake me up? I asked him  l was trying to let go of our hands but they were to tight so I let it be. Sweetheart you were sleeping peacefully so I didn't want to disturb you. He said after looking at Mely for so long.

Daddy I want to look for the person who did this and make them pay.l told him once I was able to look at him properly. But dear you can't do that without her permission let's wait for her to wake up then we can know from her what happened.

Read

Like

And

Comment please.