chapter twenty three

Blayze's P. O. V

It's been five years now since my wife or should I say ex wife ran away from me. After the divorce, I never gave up, I followed Maria's advice and looked for her, I even hired a well known private investigator but he found nothing. Her father did a good job on that I must say.

I was sitting in my office looking at the pail of files in front of me but I didn't have the strength to deal with them.

Today would have marked 6th year of our marriage. It was our anniversary and I couldn't help but think of my ex and the kids we could have if only I treated her right.

When my mother found out everything, she left me, never wanted to talk to me or even see me. The worst came when she took her shares of the companies.

My company that I valued more than my wife,were now not doing well, I was thinking of selling some of my shares but who could buy them, I wonder. Maybe Mr Carlos but then he hates me, but he is the one who helped me see that life is still worth living. I don't know yet why he help me overcome my drinking problem but I thank him for that. I will try telling him my problems and ask him so advice about selling the shares.

**********************************

Mely's  P. O. V

We arrived to our mansion at 8 in the morning since we left at 5 in the morning, the kids were sleeping in their grandma's lap, so we had to wake them up. I feel like they love their grandparents more than me.
A car was waiting for us so we didn't take much time reaching home.

My father was very surprised to see us because he knew he was going to come and pick us. I went to him and hug him but didn't return my hug. I looked at him with hurt.

You see grandma, grandpa won't hug mum because she didn't tell him we were coming. He likes to take us that's why. Ezzy whispered in her grandma's ear.

Daddy before you say anything wait I explain. He looked at me with the eye saying go ahead. You see Papa I didn't tell you we were coming because I wanted to surprise you papa please don't be mad.
He pulled me into a hug and whispered in my ear, am still mad, then the kids joined us.

After what felt like forever we hard someone cough behind us then I remembered mother was with us. I pulled away and said to daddy, this is my ex mother in law, mother this is my father. They looked at each other as if they were long lost friends or something.
Daddy left us and went to her, they looked at each other then hugged.

Before I knew it, the kids were running to hug their lovely aunt. I turned and followed them to great my sister.
We hugged then looked at our father who was still talking with mother.
Do you think they know each other? My sister asked. From the way I see them talking it's like they know one another. Who is she by the way?  She asked. Her? She is my mother in law.

Ex... Ex mother in law and why is she here?  She asked with so much hate. That woman is not supposed to step in our house, she is not welcome none of his family is, wait and see she will get it from me. Lizzy was about to storm towards mother when l pulled her back. What? She rose her eye brows and I knew she was very mad.

Hey kids can you go and see what maria has for you,we will be behind you. OK mummy they said while running inside.
Looking at my very pissed sis,  I gave her a summary of the situation by the time we finished, they were working towards us. Look sis l love you a lot and that's why am telling you this, you might have forgiven her and accepted her but I won't and will not talk with her... But dear she... I try to tell her but she cut me mid sentence. She could have saved you from that monster of a her son but she didn't and for that I won't forgive her. She said while leaving me there.

I turned and found my father and mother looking at me with sympathy.
I came to mother and said, don't worry she will come around, she is still mad but once she settled, she will come around.
It's ok dear I understand her.
OK let's go inside ,said daddy. Once inside kids were playing with Maria and their aunt who stopped laughing when she saw us coming in.ok dears will see you late, have to go she said kissing them goodbye. But aunt we just arrived and you are leaving? We haven't even showed you our gifts, please auntyyyyy don't go. They both said looking at their aunt with teary eyes. OK ok ok ooooook don't do that to me, you know I can't say no to my favorite cute babies, she said while pinching their cheeks lightly. That's our favorite aunt too, we love very very much, and I love you too babies. They kiss and hugged before they left together.
I wonder where she is taking them. And what are they going to do.we sat down and talked, I asked dad the question that has been nagging me since we arrived and I came to know that my mother in law was my mamaa's best friend since childhood and that dad knew her from my mamaa. No wonder we loved one another when I saw her at first. Am sure wherever mamaa is, is happy that her family and best friend are together.

Oh destiny, we don't know where it takes us, we should always  be ready for any change in life