Chapter 04

Adrien|10:00pm|Outside School

As Cat Noir, I am able to wander around wherever I want. It's a bit strange.. I haven't seen milady in a while. I use my bat to fly from building to building. I stop when I notice someone in a red suit on the rooftop of a hotel building. I soar over and onto the building. The girl in the red suit turns around and looks at me getting startled. Ladybug?

"Lady– ladybug?"

"Cat Noir?"

I smile, waiting for her to smile or to giggle or even make fun of me, but all she did was frown. My smile fades away.

"Hey.. bugaboo?"

She looks down then up at me.

"Ladybug. I've never seen you so upset." I say as the pain pierces through me.

I reach out to her shoulder, "you wanna talk about it?" But she pulled her shoulder back.

I look down with a small smile. "Okay. I get it."

I turn away and stare at the ombre colored sky - pink, purple and blue. The stars were painted across the whole sky. I wish I had the power to collect all the stars and to give it to my Ladybug, but I can't. I look at her once more time. Her arms were crossed and her face was down.

I'm sorry, Ladybug. I wish I could say that to you.. But you seem like you're too lost in your head.. You're probably thinking about that boy you're in love with.. Every time I think of what you said, it hurts.

I turn away from her and get ready to fly off but I feel her touch on my shoulder which makes me instantly look at her.

She turns away from me and holds the railing of the balcony of this rooftop.

"I'm sorry, Cat Noir." She says. "I don't want to worry you."

"Tell me what's wrong! Ladybug.. Tell me!"

I come closer to her. She turns to look at me.

"No." She waves her hands in front of my face.

She looks so worried, yet she doesn't want to tell me her problems.

"Cat-"

I come much closer, looking at her. "Please, I worry about you."

"You won't understand.."

"Is it about the boy.. You're in love with?"

"Wha-" her cheeks were a warm red color. "No."

"I'm worried.. Cat-"

"Yes?"

She comes to me, placing her hands on my shoulders. "Why isn't.. Why isn't Hawkmoth attacking us?!"

"You want him to attack us?"

"No.. I.. In my heart I feel as if.. Something strange will happen."

I lean in closer making my nose touch hers. "Stop. Don't worry Ladybug. Nothing will happen."

"But.. But." Water droplets start to form in her eyes.

"Lady!" I say in shock.

I lean in, wanting to press my lips on her cheek but in that second, I caught her in my arms and hugged her tightly.

Ladybug, I love you. I know you don't love me back but I love you and will always will.

I wanted to say those words but instead I say:

"Ladybug, we have each other. And if Hawkmoth does intend to do something.. We won't let the lives of the people in Paris be at stake."

I feel her tears drop onto my suit. Oh, Lady please stop crying.