Chapter 05

Marinette|07:11am|At Home

I was sat in the living room at home doing absolute nothing. I hear the doorbell ring and go over to answer it. I open the door and shout just a tiny bit, feeling something just being thrown at me and making me fall.

I look up to see who it was and it was Alya, obviously, how could I not see that coming?  We both get up and laugh.

"Girl, sorry about.. The greeting!" She awkwardly laughed.

"No, it's completely fine." I say, shaking my head. "Now, what's up?"

"Well, the ball is in a few or a couple of days!" She says, excited. "Oh.. And.. After you left for the bathroom yesterday, you didn't come back."

I remember exactly what happened yesterday night; I left to wander around, Cat Noir had come to check up on me, and I left myself in tears.. Also, that tight hug.

I smile at Alya and move on to a different subject, "say, Alya? When is the ball exactly? I remember Miss Boustiáre saying it's in a couple of days.. I think it's tomorrow."

"Yeah!" She nods. "Should I call Adrien to ask him if he could dance with you?"

I look down then at her. I wave my hand at her, "Alya. Tomorrow's the dance, we can ask him tomorrow? Okay?"

Alya was silent.

I walk slightly outside, through the open door then I look at her. "Okay?"

"I worry about you, Marinette." She says in a sad voice.

I shape a smile on my face. "Don't worry about me."

She frowns, "um.."

"Now come on!"

"Where are we going?" She asks.

"Shhh!" I put my index finger on her two lips. "Don't ask questions, let's just go!"

And in that second, I grab hold of her hand and run downstairs.