Chapter 07

Marinette|11:00pm|Outside

I walk around, feeling something soft move around in my purse. My purse was opened up and Tikki's tiny head popped up.

"Hello you!" I say feeling her head with my index finger.

Her smile wasn't on her face as usual, it seemed lost.

"Tikki, don't worry about me, please."

"Marinette!" Her voice seemed like it was filled with exhaustion.

I look at her, worried. "I'm quite confused as you are. This feeling is strange and once it's gone, you'll find your old Marinette again."

Tikki tries to smile but fails. Tikki quickly hides hearing a voice. A quite familiar voice to me that made me stop moving.

"Marinette?"

I slowly turn around, slightly shocked.

"Adrien?"

His smile. His eyes. His hair. Those things have always made my cheeks redden.. Even now. I look down, sadly. I feel as if Adrien's facial expression has changed on seeing the sight of my frown.

"Marinette?"

I look up at him. "Sorry." I apologize.

He shakes his head with a small smile, "why are you apologizing?"

"I haven't-" I look around then at him. "I haven't been feeling myself lately."

His face was filled with questions.

"It's okay, if you want to go.. Adrien, you can leave if you want."

He comes closer to me.

I get a bit startled hearing a loud noise.

"Hey don't be scared." He says in a calming voice and pulls me into his grip.

His arms around me. I look up seeing fireworks. The vibrant colors lit up the whole sky, I didn't know what to think, what to do, where to look.. But the sky. His grip kind of reminds me of.. Someone else who worries a lot about me. Cat Noir.

I squeeze my eyes together and then look carefully at the sky. Is it fireworks night? Well, whatever it is, I don't ever want to let go of Adrien's grip!

My eyes let out a tear that rolled down my cheek and fell.

Adrien let go of me and looks at me.

These tears were continuously falling. He was going to reach in and wipe my tears but I shake my head and he drops his hand. I let out a smile. What is this? I'm smiling.. And crying? Why? I feel like I'm going to lose something so special to me and it will cost a lot to get it back.

I love you, Adrien. I love you. I don't want to lose you. I don't care, if you have someone else who loves you, I just want these pair of eyes to still have the power to look at you.. I love you.

I instead try to say:

"Adri-"

I get interrupted by his voice, "shh!"

He comes closer to me. He presses his forehead against mine. And we close our eyes. Instantly the tears stop.

The fireworks hadn't stopped.

I don't want to lose anything that is precious to me whether it is a friend.. (I remember flashbacks of me and Cat Noir).. Whether they are my best friend.. Alya.. Whether they are my parents.. Whether it is my lover.. Adrien.. The rain.. The umbrella.. I don't want - I DON'T WANT TO LET GO! I DONT WANT TO LET GO OF THEM!

I don't want the people, the places - the things that made me who I am today.. To go away from me.

I don't want you all to go away from me!