Chapter 11

My heart was beating faster than ever. One beat after another. Drops of sweat was dripping down the side of my head. The tension was climbing up my back. The beats became louder until I began hearing it echo against my ear.

"Marinette." She began. "It's been a while since Hawkmoth's last attack with The Sapotis."

"Ye.. Yes.. An.. And?" I stammer

"No akumas, no hate and no Hawkmoth." She spoke in a serious voice.

"And.. What does that have to do with you?"

"Marinette.. What I'm trying to tell you is.."

"Tikki." My voice was about to crack.

"Marinette, since there is no more Hawkmoth and no more evil in Paris. My job here is done."

"No!" I loudly say. "No, Tikki!"

"Marinette, ever since I met you, I loved you as a person. You are smart, funny, happy and pretty too!"

I gulp.

"Marinette, you-" She opens her mouth again, "you have been a great friend and superhero. I'd hate to say this but.."

"No. Tikki no!" I say as tears began to fall.

"Goodbye, Marinette." Tears were forming in her small pair of eyes.

"No, no, NO!" I try to jump high and reach out to her but a sparkly shiny red colored sparkles spiraled around her and formed a bubble that burst into nothing but glitter.

My hand touched nothing but the air and I fell flat on my face.

Memories started to begin flashing across my eyes - the day I got hold of my Miraculous, the day I became friends with Tikki, the day I became Ladybug and now.

I was crying in pain, loudly, hoping that she would come back. My heart knew before I did that Tikki would go. I squeezed myeyes together and then opened them.

I felt the door open and here a gasp.