Chapter 26

Adrien|11:00pm|Outside

My eyes, widen as I see a figure drop to the ground. I run to the figure and get shocked to see that Hawkmoth is.. My Father?

"Father?" A tear rolled down my cheek.

"Adrien.. I'm really sorry."

Plagg was flying around on the search of something.

"Father, I'm glad.. Your back!" My voice cracks.

He smiles, "I'm sorry."

My lips start to tremble, confused I ask, "why do you keep apologizing?"

My heart feels as if someone was tearing it, stabbing it, ripping it out of my chest.

Father's face had no expression on it.

"Tell me then! Also, where's Marinette?"

"The thing is son, during the fight.. All the magic she used on me was including.. Everything she has in her. With that energy.. She managed to destroy Hawkmoth and also herself."

Also herself. His voice echoed in my ears. Also herself. She managed to destroy Hawkmoth and also herself.

I shake my head and shout, "don't lie to me!"

"No! Adrien! Listen!"

Tears continuously roll down my cheeks. I sprint toward the place where the destruction happened.

There were huge fires and destroyed buildings around and in the center of this place, it seemed as if an explosion took place.

I touch the dark dust on the floor.

"Marinette!" I cry.

"Adrien!" I hear the others come around me including the school students who are now back to their normal selves.

"We have to find her!" I shout. "She's not dead."

"Adrien!" Father tries to place his hand on my shoulder.

"No!"

He puts his hand away.

"Marinette is not dead! We will find her.. He-he!" I breathe heavily.

"We?" I hear Nino say.

"YES We!" I shout to make it clear.

I cry loudly, waiting for Marinette to wipe my tears.

"You will help me.. Right?"

S̵͎̘̤̪̟̰̞̲̘̀́À̸̻̭̤̱̬̙̗̿͑̌̾͜C̴̟̖̟͎̙̼̫̎̐̈́̉̍̀̐͜͝ͅR̴̤̠͇̥̋̓́̽Į̵̩͙̼̙̬̳̹̄̆̇̚ͅF̷̨̨̪̪̭̼̙̥͍̼͋̽̈́̂̄̀Ĭ̷̡̫̬̖̖͉̩͇́̔̍̋Ç̵͈̭̈́̾͑̽̊̄͊E̶̡̦̮̝͍̞̯̋̀