Chapter 13

I grab her arm in excitement, running out of the janitor's room. We were in the center, everyone was gathering up to get ready to dance. I look around then at Marinette's arm, I let my grip go.

I look forward, sadly. Will Marinette let me dance with her? Or will she shout at me? No, I can't to do this to her.. She's not in love with me.

I feel her warm touch on my hand making me jump. I look at her with my cheeks slightly red.

"Yes?"

I look at her. Her beautifully sculptured face. Her night like hair, her rare pair of eyes.

"Nathaniel?" She asks with a bit of confusion. "Don't you want to dance?"

I look away from her and say, "why? Do you mean with you?"

I look back at her.

"Of course!" She happily says.

Of courseThat made my heart skip a beat.

"What?" I ask.

"As friends?" She shows me her hand, waiting for me to hold it.

I began smiling, taking her hand, "As friends!"

We went together in the center and I place my arm around her waist.. I felt like a prince.

Thus whole place looks like it was set up to looks like a magical kingdom.

I set my eyes on her and smile.

Wow! This sort of seemed wrong to do but.. I've always wanted to do it with her.

"Marinette?"

She looks at me. "Hmm?"

"You've changed my world."