Chapter 12

Nathaniel|5:58pm|In The Janitor's Room

I gasp as I see Marinette lying on the floor, crying.

"Marinette?"

She did not answer.

I run to her picking herself slightly from the floor. She looks at me. Her eyes were red, tears were falling.

"Mari-"

She wiped her eyes, "I'm alright."

In my heart I could tell that she was lying.

"Don't lie." I say. "Tell me, what's wrong."

Tears began to fall from her eyes again.

"Someone.." She began. "Someone.. Special to me has left me!"

My heart felt as if it was going to tear itself from my chest. I grab hold of her waist which slightly made her jump and then I hugged her tightly.

"Marinette, don't worry." I say in a relaxing voice.

"But.. But, Nathaniel!" She looked so desperate - in the need of something.

"Ma-Marinette!"

The hairs on my skin of my neck started to tickle me a bit by her voice, her breath.

Marinette. The girl I still quite admire. Although she has no feelings for me and I still love her.. I will not try to chase her again and win her heart.

"Marinette." I say again but in a much more confident voice.

"Nathaniel.. A lot of people have been worrying a lot about me.. But.. But I can't stop it!"

I was silent so I could let her speak, let her voice be heard.

"Nathaniel-Nathaniel.. I.. I can't stop thinking that something bad will happen."

I could tell that she was definitely crying from the heart.

I release my grip from her so I could look at her.

She looks at me and I look at her.

"Marinette, we can stop your worries by making you have an amazing moment tonight."

Her tears were gone and that lost smile appeared again, "really?"

"Really." I agreed with a smile.

My heart starts to beat really loudly, also making my cheeks become pink.

"Come on, Marinette." I get up and also pick her from the floor. "I won't let you cry anymore."

Her face seemed as if she was filled with happiness. "Thank you, Nathaniel!"