Revelations

"people?" i asked surprised.
"turns out i can" he said and smirked." just like i controlled you sunshine "

"but your main power is controlling akuma isn't it?" asked lenalee raising her brows.

" oh they are called akuma? what are they anyway and why do they keep flocking around me?"
he asked confused.

" seems like you are the innocence accommodator...since when can you control things?" i asked.

" since a long time " he replied curtly but then grinned " so you guys are exorcists?"

"mhmm...we kill akuma and protect mankind from the clutches of earl millenium" explained lenalee smiling slightly.

"And you are responsible I suppose for the disappearance of the dolls " sneered kanda.

Evan flushed slightly but regained his composure." you see i don't have much company here in the forest...so I borrow the dolls for a little while...just the night to entertain myself."

"how did you make her sing?" asked Allen pointing towards me.

wait i sang??

" when the hell did i sing?" I asked shocked.

"i didn't make her sing...she sang out of her own will, though i can't imagine why." he said frowning slightly .

"can you remember what all you did ?" asked lenalee.

"no..." i can't remember anythi...

"oh wait there was this tune...and then it's hazy but i remember a sorrowful and almost desperate whisper....appealing  me for soothing song .....it was so wistful and lonely , it wrenched my heart....that's all i remember " i said as that same whisper looped in my memory.

I stole look at Evan. Everything would seem alright except for his eyes....they were so lost and forlorn .Almost as if the words i used were hurting him because of it's blunt truthfulness .

however the moment he caught my eyes he grinned at me.

gosh...he is really good in hiding his feelings .

" you'll have to come with us , Evan....we need you " i said .

" hmmm let me see....no" he said and chuckled.

"now that i think about it, what was that glow in your fingers before?" asked kanda....more like demanded.

"oh that always happens when the akuma is nearby" he said shrugging .

"just like your eye Allen kun" said lenalee while allen nodded.

After a lot of pleading, Evan finally came along with us.

(time skip to train journey cuz why not...jk)

i could literally feel the tension between Evan and Kanda and sitting in between them made it worse....from the way lenalee and Allen sweat dropped they could sense it too.

" so....tell us more about yourself" i said laughing awkwardly.

"aah story time" he said clapping his hands together" it's a sad story...you have been warned"

Kanda snorted and received a hit in the ribs from me and grunted in pain but kept quiet.

"it was cold snowy evening when the Rosetta 's orphanage received a knock on their door .The then mistress of the  orphanage Miss Rosetta opened the door to find a wailing baby, deserted at their doorstep.

Being the  kind lady she was she took him in. Later she noticed the peculiarity of the baby. His finger tips were covered with a green hard substance and did not come off...almost as if it were stuck to the skin....nonetheless she loved him and brought him up.

Years passed and now he was no longer a baby, but a boy of eight..
Not particularly favorite among his fellow orphans. the green substance had faded but he still wore gloves. He got beaten up by the older kids at least once a day....that is until he learned about his power .

let's just say that they saw a dead corpse walking towards them and defending the little boy from harm and were frightened out of their wits. This made people stay away from him even more but hey...at least he didn't get beaten up.
Controlling dolls soon became his sole fascination. He made stories and enacted them through the dolls and even talked to those dolls like they were his friends .

The previous mistress Rosetta passed away when he was ten..
Her son David took over but was a horrible person to the kids .
Only when people were seeing was he nice  . He tortured the boys and girls and soon started selling them off.
From about three hundred kids...it went down to fifty in a couple of years....they could do nothing.
But during this time our little boy, now thirteen made a new friend, a girl.

She was twelve and he had saved her from one of the bullies of the orphanage. He trusted her and dare I say even loved her...but it was not to last.

David planned to sell these two and called them over .He was drunk, and for no reason started hitting the little girl , our guy tried to save but was shoved and stabbed in the shoulder .

David hit the girl so hard that the glass bottle broke and cut deep wounds on her skin.

claiming that they were now useless he took out a gun and
pointed towards the girl .Terror and anger made our boy push away his hand just as he shot and David was killed instead.

the funniest part of this was that the girl called this little boy a monster- a murder and when the police came, she put the blame on him.

heart broken he ran away...deciding never to trust anyone nonetheless man is but a social animal hence for eight years he's been searching and finally .... he might just have found a place to belong"

Everyone had listened with rapt attention and knew he wasn't lying.
"we are here for you Evan" i said smiling.

the others agreed.

"only time will tell" he muttered under his breath and Kanda looked at him.

(time skip)
( third person pov)
After they reached everyone walked ahead wanting to stretch a bit.
Evan walked slowly and observed them..wait where was the girly guy?

" those fools really will stick to you whether you like it or not"

Evan turned around to see Kanda walking towards him.

"  it's so annoying!! I feel like killing them!" said kanda clenching his fists in the air.

Evan sweat dropped at his sudden change in mood...definitely not a guy to cross....

" demo.." kanda's eyes softened ever so slightly " it is comforting to know that..,...anyway try not to be a hindrance newbie"
he stalked ahead.
Evan looked at the group....perhaps he had really found friends and he smiled as tears ran down his cheeks.