9 - the sutter family

Harry

The drive to Ellies parents house took a while and I was curious what they did for a living. She had gotten a brand new Audi on her eighteenth birthday. And she said I would understand when I met them. I didn't even know her last name so I couldn't google them either. When she took a left turn and then turned up to a big driveway with a big gate. I saw a big white house, with a big black front door. When the gate opened she drove up and there was a big garage with a Bentley outside and a fountain in the middle. She parked next to the other car and turned to me.

"Well this is were I grew up" she said and then got out of the car and I followed her and I placed my arm around her waist and she looked up at me and then I rolled my eyes,

"They can't know we aren't really dating" I said to her and she nodded and we walked together to the front door and she just opened it and walked in.

"Mum, Dad" she yelled and while we took of our shoes and Ellie took of her jacket I saw a small blonde woman that looked a lot like Ellie but she was blonde and looked much older. Her face looked a lot like Ellies and she had the same eyes as her. She was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a white blouse and a pair of heels.

"Eliana honey, it's so good to see you" she said in a high pitched voice. And I was surprised that Ellie was a nickname for Eliana.

"Mum, hi" Ellie said and hugged her mum.

"Mum this is Harry, my boyfriend" I heard her say and I smiled at her and then smiled at her mum and then shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you, mrs..." I said and I realised again I didn't know their last name which was embarrassing.

"Sutter, but call me Jessica darling" she said and I smiled.

"Okay, nice to meet you Jessica I'm Harry" I said and she smiled at me. And when I said hello to her we went inside to the kitchen were an man in maybe his sixties stood by the stove and I assumed he was cooking.

"Darryl honey, Eliana and Harry is here" Jessica said and put a hand on Darryl's back. And he turned around, and that's when I realised who she is and why the last name Sutter sounded so familiar. Her dad is the coach for LA kings, he is a former NHL hockey player, and her brother is a famous hockey player too. He turned around with a big smile and walked up to Ellie and hugged her.

"Hi honey, it's been a while how are you" he said and kissed her head.

"Hi dad, Yeah, I've been busy... I'm great, how are you" She said and he smiled.

"Yeah I can only imagine, I'm good" he said and then turned to me.

"So you must be the one keeping my daughter so busy?" He said and I took his hand that he was holding out in front of me.

"Yeah, sorry for that, nice to meet you sir, I'm Harry" I said and he smiled at me.

"Yeah nice to meet you, and call me Darryl please" I nodded and looked over at Ellie who were smirking at me.

"Well, Ellie, you can give Harry a tour of the house, you're brother will be here any minute and I'll go set the table" her mum said and Ellie nodded and I followed her upstairs.

"Why didn't you tell me you were a Sutter?" I asked her and she turned around and laughed a bit.

"Because, I am not a proud Sutter" she said and then walked down the hall as far as she could come, and where the hall with doors ended there was a big living room. With two sofas and a fireplace. And a big glass door that led out to a big balcony.

"So this is the living room. Where my dad and his stupid hockey friends usually watch games on tv cause my mum doesn't let them be downstairs yelling" I laughed a bit and then she led me to the hall and showed me the bathroom and her parents bedroom and the guest room.

"And this is my brothers room" she said and opened a white door. The room had grey walls and a bunch of hockey shirts on the walls and a bed in the middle. A tv and a desk, every room was very neat and clean.

"Well you can tell this is a person who likes hockey" I said and she nodded. She closed the door and then she walked down the stairs. And when she came down she walked to the left and in to another living room with an even bigger couch and a big tv. In the room there also was a piano and on the wall two hockey shirts hung on the wall and they had the same name but different number and I knew one of them was her dads and one of them where her brothers. There was also a lot of art hanging on the walls and pictures from vacations. I followed her in to a small hallway and she walked in to a room that didn't have a door and it was filled with bookshelf's that was stuffed with books. And two chairs with a table between them.

"And this is the best place to study when I went to school" she said and I smiled at her and she walked to the next room that had a door. It looked like an office.

"This is my dads office" she said and closed the door and then she walked to the next door that looked like another bedroom.

"And this is my bedroom" she said. It was a room with light green walls and and a big bed in the middle with white covers. And a window bench with pillows on it and fairy lights rested on the headboard of the bed and a desk and a closet.

"Why don't you have a room upstairs like everybody else?" She laughed a bit and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Because when I was a teenager I used to sneak out in the middle of the night sometimes to meet my boyfriend... and I couldn't get out if I lived upstairs" she said and smiled and looked out the window. And I wanted to hear a lot more about that boyfriend of hers.

"Eliana, Harry, dinners ready" I heard Jessica say from the kitchen. We went back to the kitchen and I put an arm around Ellies waist and then I saw another new face. That I just knew it was her brother.

"Brett" Ellie said and almost ran to him and threw her arm around his neck.

"Ah, piggy, how are you" he said to her.

"I'm good, how are you" She said and she looked so happy when she looked at him.

"Great, it is playoffs soon I hope you'll get your ass over to Minnesota soon" she nodded at him and then they both looked over at me.

"Um, Brett this is my boyfriend Harry, Harry this is my brother Brett" I shook his hand and he smiled at me.

"Hi, nice to meet you"

"Hey, yeah nice to meet you. You're in that boyband right? One Direction?" He said and I nodded.

"Yep, that's right" I answered and then we all sat down and had dinner. It was a nice dinner and we all got along really well. I didn't understand why she wasn't a proud Sutter.