bonus chapter 1

Ellie

Los Angeles, March 2025, Ellie (28), Harry (30), Juliet (6), Luka (4) & Daisy (1)

"Mommy" my head snapped up from my computer as I heard my sweet little baby's voice. "Yes" I said and reached for her and put her on my lap and kissed her cheeks.

"Where is daddy" she asked and I looked at the clock and saw it was almost seven which meant he would step trough that door with Luka any minute now.
"He and Luka are probably on his way home" I said and Juliet sighed.
"I miss daddy" she said and I chuckled and saw Daisy crawl towards us. "I miss daddy too" I said and Juliet whined and then looped her arms around my neck.

"Do you know how much I love you?" I said to Juliet who smiled her almost toothless smile towards me.
"No" she said and smiled even bigger showing of the beautiful dimples of hers.

"To the moon and back" I said and hugged my six year old like she would disappear out of my arms.
"I love you too mommy" she said and I kissed her hair before lifting her of me and standing up to walk over to Daisy. I held her on my hip as I walked out to the kitchen to start up taco Tuesday an very important tradition we did every week. I hummed to myself with Daisy on my hip walking around the kitchen putting out plates and then I stood frying the meat in the pan when I heard the door close behind me and Luka stepped in with his hockey jersey on and a pair of shorts.

"Hey bud, how was practice" I asked and he smiled.

"It was good, next time you'll have to watch me mommy. I'm getting super good at skating" he explained and I nodded and he hugged my leg and I ruffled my free hand through his curls.

"I am definitely doing that" I said and he smiled at me. Before running over to the couch to lay down. He was a little bit of a lazy kid and he was only four, so me and Harry put him on the hockey team for kids his age and he seemed to really enjoy it.

"Hello love" I heard Harry say in my ear as he sneaked his arm around my waist.

"Hi you" I said and turned my head to meet his lips. "You smell very nice" he said and I chuckled.

"Daddy" I heard Juliet scream as she came running down the stairs. Harry sat down by the kitchen island and picked his daughter up and kissed the top of her head.
"Hi baby, how was school" Harry asked as he held her on to his lap.

"Good, I'm not friends with Maya anymore though" I furrowed my brows and looked up from the meat I was currently stirring the seasoning in to.
"And why is that" Harry asked as Juliet played with Harry's necklace.

"Because she was being mean to Beth saying she couldn't play with us at recess and I told her I wasn't going to be friends with her if she didn't let everyone play, so I went to play with Beth instead" the amazing six year old in front of me explained to her father who raised his brows.

"Well that was very kind of you to play with Beth instead, and very brave standing up to those girls who were not being nice" Harry said and kissed her cheek. Juliet was a kind kid but she was extremely sassy.

"I know, treat people with kindness, right daddy" she said and looked up at Harry and he smiled down at her and nodded.
"God I love you, you wonderful child" Harry said and stood up and swung Juliet over his shoulder. And giggles from Juliet was filling the house and Harry turned around and stopped and back around.

"Jules where did you go? It's almost dinner Julie cmon where do you go" I chuckled at Harry's silliness with her and then kissed the baby I was holding on my hip.

"I'm here daddy, I'm here" Juliet screamed and laughed like never before.
"Mom have you seen our Julie" Harry said smiling towards me and I quickly catching on to his little game.
"I have not, Julie, I sure hope she comes back cause I need someone to snuggle after dinner" Harry chuckled and raised a brow and then swung Juliet back over her shoulder again and kissed her before letting her down on the floor. And Juliet ran over to her brother to watch whatever he was watching on the tv.
"I love you" I told Harry and he chuckled and nuzzled in to my neck. "I love you" he whispered in my ear and then Daisy reached it for him and Harry gently took her from my arms.