Chapter 6

(Recap)

Everyone claps and some even go onto the stage to hug Ali. I stay seated and watch. When Ali runs off the stage, I run after her. "Honey, where are you going?" my husband asks.

"I'm going to get my baby."

I chase her through the halls and follow her into the lady's room.

"Ali? Sweetie, are you ok?" I ask. Recognizing my voice she looks at me. Shock written all over her face.

"Oh. My. God. I can't believe you're here." She says.

I hope she's not mad....

(Ali's POV)

"I know it's shocking but we love you so we had to come." she explains.

I run over to her and wrap my arms around her. I bury my head in her neck and cry. "Mommy. I'm so sorry I didn't say goodbye. I wanted to so bad but the case worker wouldn't let me." I explain through my cries.

"Ali, my love, it's ok. I understand but after hearing your story again and what happened after you left, I am so sorry that we didn't save you when we had the chance." Mom says to me.

"Don't apologize. You couldn't have known. But it is in the past and now I want to see dad and Vivy and Lily and Jose." I tell her meaning every word.

"Ok. Let's go." She grabs my hand and we walk back to the bleachers.

(A/N If you haven't figured it out yet, the Romero family has come to graduation and suprised Ali.)

When we get to the bleachers I see them right away. My family.

"Ali!" Lily shouts running toward me with her arms open wide. I run into her arms and we hold onto each other tight.

"I'm so sorry I left." I tell her.

"Don't say sorry. You didn't leave you were taken. Just don't do it again." She chuckles and unwraps her arms but still holds my hand.

Next Jose comes to me and wraps his arms around me putting his chin on top of my head. I wrap my arms around his waist, still holding Lily's hand, and let out a sigh.

"I love you, Bug." Jose says using his old nickname for me.

"I love you too, J." I say back.

Next is Vivy. I look at her and see her standing next to dad with an unreadable expression on her face. "Hey, V. Do you remember me?" I ask realizing she was only 10 years old when I left.

She nods fast and runs to me with tears running down her cheeks. She wraps her arms around me and let's out a sob. Hearing her cry breaks my heart and before I can stop I have tears running down my cheeks as well.

After a few seconds of hugging I pulled away from her and looked into her eyes with Jose doing the same thing on my right and Lily doing the same thing on my left. "Vivy?" She looks away from me. "Vivyanna, look at me." I wait and she stays looking down. "Please." I say my voice cracking. She stills ignores me.

"Give her time, Ali. She cried for days after you left." Mom says rubbing my back. After I hear this I start to sob while I hug my mom.

"I'm so sorry." I sob. "I really wanted to stay or at least say bye but she wouldn't let me." After I say this Dad pulls me away from mom and makes me look at him.

He puts his hands on my shoulders and says, "Don't ever blame yourself for anything that has happened to you. You have no control over what other people do. Do you understand me?"