Chapter 24 (Longer must read)

(Grayson's POV)

This is not the first time I've said this nor will it be the last, Ali is so strong.  If I wasn't a Christian I would swear she is a God.  Though I haven't completely ruled out the chance of her being an angel. I have thought about asking her.

And can we talk about getting a knife to the vagina? Um ouch. I don't have a va-jay-jay, obviously.  But I would assume it is very painful. And on top of that she was raped. I feel like a wimp. I am so not all I thought I was in high school. Course no one is.

In high school, I was so cool. I was the king of the school.  I made the school my bitch. Excuse my French. But then I came to college and I am like every other person except now when I try to rule the school, people flip me the bird and call me an asshole.  That didn't happen in high school.  Least not to my face.

Anyhoozer, right now, I'm laying on the couch with my head in Ali's lap. I just woke up and Ali is asleep along with Lily,  Jose and Vivy. I should get up but I dont feel like it. I'm so comfortable.  Mr. And Mrs. Romero got back about 10 minutes ago, or so they said. 10 minutes ago I was sleeping. They brought some food with them and sat it on the counter while we were asleep. Then when I woke up they left to go do something I'm not sure what though.

I am broken out of my thoughts when I hear and feel Ali's breath speed up. I sit up and look at her face. She always makes this pinched face when she's having a bad dream. When I see that she is in fact making said face I scoot closer to her and pull her into me. "Shh. You're ok." I whisper in her ear. She starts to whimper.

I rub her arm and comb my fingers through her hair. "Its ok. Im here. You're ok." I sooth again. Sadly its not helping. "Ali, wake up. Wake up babe." I try to get her to wake up yet let the other three kids sleep. "Ali. Wake up." I am now on my knees in front of her.

"Ali." I say a little louder while gently shaking her knee. She jumps and her eyes pop open.

Confused she looks around with fearful eyes. When she see me she grabs onto my arm and pulls on it. I climb on the couch with her and wrap my arms around her. "He did it again." She says as she starts to cry.

I kiss her temple then I lean my forehead on hers as I hold her tightly. "Its ok. He is not gonna get you. He is gone and you are safe." I kiss her head again. She nods and buries deeper into me.

After a minute she has calmed down and she is just peacefully watching tv.  "Did my parents ever get here with food?" She asks.

"Yeah. Are you hungry?"

"Umm..what kind of question is that? 'Are you hungry? ' When am I not hungry? " she says in disbelief as she gets off the couch and goes into the kitchen to eat. I chuckle and follow her.

"Oh yeah. I completely forgot that you are like a bottomless pit. A black hole. I'm dating a black hole." I shake my head.

"Hey. Do not hate on my fabulous eating. You're just jealous cause you are to much of a chump to eat like me." She sticks her tongue out at me.

"Ok. We have got to stop calling me a chump. It is having a huge affect on my ego and I'm very sure that it is unhealthy." I whine at her like a chlid.

She smirks. Oh crap. That's not just a smirk, that's her smirk. The one she makes when she is about to roast you. "Well, when you stop being a chump and when I grow to like your ego even a little bit, we can talk about acting like you are half as good as I am." She starts getting her food out of the bag.

Right. I told you she was going to roast me. I purse my lips and look up at the ceiling. Time to teach her a lesson. I lunge at her and wrap my arms around her waist. "Eek!" Ali squeaks.

I throw her over my shoulder and carry her to the bedroom. I lay her on the bed and climb on top of her trying to hold as much of my weight as possible.  I start to tickle her.

"No. Stop. Please stop." She says through laughs.

"You have to say, 'Grayson is not a chump. He is a sexy beast.' And I'll stop." It may not happen but a guy can dream right.

"Fine. Grayson is not a chump. He is a sexy beast. " Nope. She gave in to easily.

I stop tickling her. "Ok. Whats the catch?" I ask skeptically.

"Not one." She shrugs and gets off the bed. I follow her into the kitchen.

"Ok. Seriously.  You're scaring me." I say to her leaning against the counter.

"Whats wrong with being nice? I've realized that I'm not being a good girlfriend if I'm being mean to you all the time."

"Right." I nod again skeptically.

Deciding to let it go I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist and set my chin on her shoulder.  "What do you want to do today?" I asks her, putting my thumb inside the edge of her shirt and rubbing it over her skin.

"Hmm..we should take Lily, Jose and Vivy and go to the park just down the road." She says excited.

"Ok. We just have to wake them up and ask your parents. " I inform her.

"Cool. I'll go wake them up." She kisses my jaw and walks into the the living room to wake up her siblings.

That is weird. I'm scared, is that bad? She is still acting really weird and I am going to be on high alert until she does something to assure me that she is done being mean.

(Ali's POV)

I woke up my siblings and we went to the park. We were going to walk but it hurt me to much so we drove instead. When we got here we went to play on the swings. I sat on one and Lily sat on one. Jose and Grayson were pushing us and Vivy was sitting on the ground next to the swing set watching us.

"Vanilla Bean?"

"Hmm?" I look over my shoulder at him.

"Do you want to take a walk with me?" He asks.

I nod and get off the swing. Then we headed towards the walking path. Grayson laces his fingers with mine.

"What do we do now?" I ask him.  "I mean, Jorge and Patricia are in jail. I'm fine other than nightmares. All we have to do is classes but I feel like I'm missing something." I sigh. "Do you know what I mean?"

He nods. "Yeah. Yeah I get what your saying but there is one great thing about that,"

"What's the great thing?"

"You're free. For the first time in a long time. Alex is gone. Jorge and Patricia, gone." He smiles at me.

"Yeah. I'm free. At last." And I couldn't be happier.

We walk all the way around the trail, then we get Lily, Jose and Vivy and go home.

That night I lay in bed with Grayson. My parents in the other bed. Lily, Jose and Vivy are in the living room. I lay there thinking about how good it feels to be free. Because I am.

Free. Finally.

Sorry for the short chapter.
Vote. Comment. Share.

😜AJC😜