Chapter 17

(Grayson's POV)

She said yes. She said yes. I can't help but to keep thinking that.

But it is heartbreaking that all she asks of me is to heal her and not break her. I just can't even imagine all the things she has gone through. And yet she is still so willing to love.

I cannot believe she is so strong.

After we sat on the couch Ali fell asleep and I decided to take her to bed. She is sleeping so peacefully, I hope the movement doesn't wake her.

(Knock knock knock)

Well, it ain't gonna be the movement to wake her up. "Gray, what's that?" Ali asks.

"Someone's at the door." She starts to get out of bed. "No. No. No. I'll get it. You go back to sleep." I say laying her down. "Go to sleep and I'll get the door," I kiss her head. "Ok, My Baby?" She nods and lays down.

I walk out to the door and open it. "Zach what do you want?" I ask.

"Well, ya see, there is a killer party going on a few dorms down and I thought that maybe you would want to come and bring hot stuff?" He explains.

"No. Hot stuff is taken and I am not going to a party that didn't even start until 9 pm so if that is all I must bid you good night." Then I start to shut the door and he catches it with his foot.

"What do you mean she's taken? You said that to me earlier to and it wasn't true and you knew that I knew it wasn't true so why would you tell me that again?" He asks confused.

"Because this time I know for a fact that she is taken because about an hour maybe two ago, I took her so if you are only here for that then I am going to have to ask you to leave." I try to close the door again.

"Grayson this party is the party of the year. All the alcohol all the chicks. What is there that is making you even think about not going?"

I sigh and shake my head. "Well, as previously stated I am with Ali so I don't need chicks and I don't think she would want me to get drunk and you know how I am."

"Cough. Cough. Whipped. Cough."

"A couple of things about that. First is I am whipped and proud of it too. Second is keep your fake coughing quiet because Ali is sleeping." I whisper shout.

"Come on! One party! Please!" He shouts. As I'm thinking I hear Ali say, "Grayson, who's at the door?" She comes to stand next to me. "Oh. Just Zach. I was getting worried when I heard shouting.

Zach gasps in fake hurt. "Did she just say 'Just Zach'? Oh no honey. I am Zach fucking Williams and I have graced you with my presence."

She laughs. "God gives grace. And he did not decide to grace us with you. Sorry Zach." I laugh.

"Burn!"

"Shut up, Grayson!" He snaps. "Ali?"

"Hmm?"

"Would you tell your whimp of a boyfriend to come to this party with me?" He asks.

She wraps her arms around my torso and lays her head on my chest. "Ok. First of all, he's not a whimp. Second of all, if he doesn't want to go to the party then me telling him to is not gonna change that." Hmm, not the answer he was hoping for, but I like that answer better than the one I imagined.

"Jeez! You're both whipped! Ali please?" He begs.

"Grayson?"

"Hmm?"

"Why don't you want to go? Tell me the truth." She says.

"I..College parties are nothing but drugs, alcohol and sex. I don't want sex, I don't need drugs and the alcohol, I know how I get and I don't want to give you a bad impression." I explain.

"But do you want to drink?" She asks.

"I know that you don't drink and I want to support that so I am not going to drink either. So to answer your question, no. I don't want to drink." I explain.

"Ok. Zach, you heard him. Grayson doesn't want to and I personally love his reasons for not wanting to and as his friend you should too. And if you don't than it sounds like a personal problem to me." She says then she walks back into the living room and turns on the tv.

"Sorry Zach. My party days are happily over. I'll see you around." Then I close the door.

I walk over to the couch and sit next to Ali. She lays her head on my shoulder and I wrap my arm around her pulling her closer to me. "Thank you." She says her voice cracking.

"What wrong? You sound like you've been crying." I ask.

She looks up at me with tears rolling down her cheeks. "No one has ever done something like that for me." She cries.

I pull her onto my lap and she lays her head on my chest. "Well, get used to it cause its gonna happen a lot more." I kiss her head.

After a while she falls asleep again and I take her to bed again but luckily this time she doesn't wake up because no one is at the door. I cover her up and kiss her temple. Then I go lay down on my bed.

As I lay there in bed I think. I think about my family and I think about how they would like Ali. I think about what they will think. I also think about what Macy will say about Ali. Since school started I've thought about how the two of them will get along. Because when Ali is open and not closed off, she is just like Macy only more mature.

Then I think about how Mason will act. Mason is just like me when I was his age. He is cocky. Yes at six years old he is the most cocky little shit ever. I remember this one time when we were watching a movie. We were watching Fast 5 and it was at the part where Giselle gets off her bike. Maxxie said, ' She's pretty.' Mom nodded. Then Mason said, 'Pretty? She hot! And she'd fall for me any day off the week.' Cocky little shit. I hated ruining his dreams but I said, 'You're to young Mason.' He was not very happy.

I soon found out that Maxxie said pretty because he was to gay to call a girl hot.

I am just about to go to sleep when Ali wakes up screaming. I jump out of bed and walk over to hers. I sit down next to her and pull her into me. "Shh. Shh. Shh. It's ok. You're safe." I run my fingers through her hair and rub her back.

"Grayson he came here. He was here for me." She cries.

"It's ok, Baby. He's not going to come for you." I sooth.

Once she calms down I tuck her in and get up to go back to my bed. But she grabs my wrist before I can go. "Stay with me?" She asks. I nod and sit on her bed leaning up against the headboard.

I slides closer to me and wraps her arms around me laying her head on my chest. I wrap my arm around her and kiss her head. After a while she falls asleep with me following not long after.

Vote.Comment.Share.

😜AJC😜