Chapter 14

(The somg at the top adds to Grayson's thoughts. Obviously you do not have to read the paper again in but I advise that you skim through it and read what Grayson has to say about it)

(Grayson's POV)

It has been two weeks. Two weeks since I talked to Ali. One week since classes stared. A week and a half since I have noticed a change in my behavior because of Ali and about three days since I knew I was in love with her.

Thats it. I said it. I love Ali.

I'm broken out of my thoughts by my phone ringing. It's Ali.

Hello? I answer.

Hey. Who is this?

Grayson. Ali, what's wrong? I ask worried.

Nothing. I have to call my dad.

Ali, you're sobbing. What happened? More worried than before.

Nothing. I'm fine.

Last time you said you were fine, you tried to kill yourself. Don't do anything stupid. I'll be there in five minutes and we can go from there. I snap at her and hang up.

"Zach?" I call my friend from the other room. "I need to barrow your car." He nods and tosses me his keys.

"Don't hurt my baby!" He calls after me.

I jump in his car and start it than I rush to my dorm. When I get there I realize I'm 2 minutes early.

When I walk in the door. She is sitting on the couch. "What's wrong?" I asks sitting beside her on the couch.

"He got out and he's coming for me." She says, completely zoned out.

"Who?" I ask confused.

She looks at me. "Read my paper and you'll know but I have to call my dad." She gets off of the couch and goes into the room. A minute later she walks out with a paper in her hand. She hands it to me and goes to get her phone off the couch.

I sit down and start to read.

Story of my life: by Ali Forester

This is it. The moment I have been waiting for. I am about to know her story. I am about to know who he is. And although I am confused out of my mind I couldn't be more excited.

You know how sometimes in movies or books the star will be a young girl with the abusive parents or maybe just abusive dad? Or the ones where the young girl had a druggie parents so she went into a foster home or orphanage?

Obviously I know. I haven't been living under a rock my whole life.

If you know what I'm talking about, than mush those two together and you'll know my story just by a different author.

I could tell you, I was born in an ally. My mom was a dope head. Her boyfriend raped me and she beat me after. Then when I finally got away I went into a foster home and they did basically the same thing. But if I said that, it wouldn't be very heartfelt. So instead I am going to tell you all of that but in depth.

I always wondered why she was kind of standoffish. But now I know kind of and I wish I didn't.

Year one of my life was in an ally, with my biological mother and my "sperm donor." They were both so very deep into drugs I never really had a chance to be a baby. I didn't ever do normal baby things. I think I was probably about one before I had my first meal. But I managed to stay alive.