Chapter 15

(Grayson's POV )

"Ali, it'll be ok. I'm not going to let him hurt you." I say as she sobs on the couch.

When her family got here we talked about what to do about Douche B- I mean Jorge being out of jail. All we came up with was going to the Romero home until he is caught and never letting her out of our sight when we do go out. We figured that way he would be out numbered but then we feared for the safety of the Jose, Lily and Vivy.

"No! Grayson, it won't be ok." She snaps sitting up. "I have no doubt that you and my dad and my mom and probably even Jose and Lily are going to keep me safe but he already escaped jail. Do you think that was easy? He is not some dumb kid like Alex. When he touches me you can't use the threat that you used on Alex when he fingered me. It will not work. And he will laugh in your face." She says crying. I should just let it go but I guess I am just dumb enough not to.

"Ali, let me tell you something." I sit down beside her and pull her onto my lap facing me. "There are certain things in life where I have to choose. I have to choose wheater I'm going to have cereal or oatmeal for breakfast. I have to choose if I'm going to wear Vans or Converse then I have to decide which Vans or Converse to where. But there are also more serious things I have to choose.

"I have to choose who deserves a threat and who doesn't. And I think Jorge doesn't. Now I may have no chance at beating Jorge if I fight him but your worth it. So, I don't ever want to hear you say it won't be ok because at the end of the day there is always a way to beat the bad guy." I smile and she giggles.

"Oh you liked my little rhyme at the end there." I smile at her, my hands on her thighs.

"Yeah I did. It could be a good quote to," Her voice as deep as she can get it she says, 'I don't ever want to hear you say it's not ok because at the end of the day there is always a way to beat the bad guy.' I have to say it was admirable how you just put it together with out even thinking." She finishes and lays down on my chest.

I chuckle. "Well, I'm an admirable person." I kiss the top of her head and feel her tense but after I start to rub her back she loosens up and sighs.

"Grayson?"

"Ali?"

"I need to ask you something. It's important." Ali says sitting up.

"Ok. What's up Vanilla Bean?"  I ask using her new nickname.

"My mom told me that I needed to find someone to talk to and I don't want to go to therapy. So I was wondering if I could count on you to be the someone that I can talk to?" She asks.

This is my chance to prove to her that I'm worthy of her. My chance to show her how great she is. "Of course. And I'm not going to lie, on the outside I am only smiling but on the inside I'm jumping up and down." I smile and she giggles laying down on my chest again.

I wrap my arms around her and hold her tight and I don't plan on letting go anytime soon.

After about half an hour of sitting on the couch Ali fell asleep. I
pick her up and take her to her bed. I gently lay her down and cover her up. I walk back into the living room and turn on the tv. I put it on my favorite show, Impractical Jokers. (Best show ever.)

I have been watching for about and hour and just as the commercials go off someone knocks on the door. I groan and jump up to answer the door.

I throw open the door and see my friend Zach. "Hey. So I don't know what you need but I'm watching my shows so you have 10 seconds." I tell him.

"Hi to you to. Thats not really what I was expecting considering I let you barrow my car and basically saved your ass." He says walking in and sitting on the couch.

"Well, I don't know how you saved my ass but here are your keys now get out." I toss him his keys.

"Hey is your hot roommate here? I want to take her on a date." Now I'm getting mad.

"Yes she is here and no you can not take her on a date." I answer quickly.

"Why the hell not?"

"Because, she is currently off the market and she is very unlikely to leave this room with anyone but me and her family for a while. So better luck next time and get out before she wakes up." I stand him up and push him towards the door.

"I see what's going on. She is on the market but your in love with her so you can't allow me to take her out. She probably would leave with me."

"Yeah your right she probably would.....if she were unconscious. Out." I give him another push but he doesn't budge.

"Just one question?"

"What?!"

"Is she good in bed?" He says smirking.

"Is who good in bed?" I hear Ali ask from behind me.

"Damn she is hot!"

"Ok. Zach, get out." I give him another push.

"Fine. But one thing first."

"Be my guest."

"Ali, would you like to join me for dinner Friday night at 6?" Zach asks. She bust up laughing.

She looks at me. "Did that seriously just happen?" I helplessly nod. "Look, Zach?" He nods. "I am not really available right now so I appreciate the courage it took for you to ask a perfect stranger to dinner but I'm going to have to decline. It was nice meeting you. Now if you don't mind, Grayson and I have some stuff to take care of so don't let the door hit you on the way out." By now she has walked him out the door and she closes the door.

When she turns to face me I am doubled over laughing.

"What's so funny?" She asks walking by me into the kitchen.

"That was hot and I need you to do it a few more times." I stand beside her by the bar.

"Jeez! Is today pick up Ali day? Your friend and now you?" She asks shocked.

"Well, that may be the case but one of us wants to get in your pants while the other one of us actually wants to love you and hold you and cherish you. And he is hot enough to get it done fashionably." I explain watching her cut an apple and eat a slice.

"Which one are you?" She asks smiling.

"I'm the latter of the two."

"Oh. Ok. So, your love confession is also an ego boost?"

"No. Just hoping that the extra thing will be enough to win you over if by some miracle my love confession wasn't enough by itself." I explain.

"Ok. Well, I hate to tell you this but, unfortunately I am not interested. However, I am very touched by your confession so I give you the rest of the year, six months, to get me to fall for you. It will be hard because I don't trust easy but if you can do it, you will have proved yourself to me and we will see what happens. Deal?" She tells me.

"Definitely have a deal. But I have one question?" She looks at me. "What are my do's and don't's?"

"Don't break me. Do heal me." That's it she has my heart and she doesn't even know it yet.

"I will blow your mind." I smile at her and she walks into the living room.

Vote.Comment.Share.

😜AJC😜

P.S. Grayson accepted the challenge, what will he do with that power?
P.P.S. Will he answer Ali's cry for help?
P.P.P.S. Will he complete the challenge?