Chapter 14

(Short Chapter)
Gary's POV

Steam filled the air as I pushed open the glass door. Ruffling my hair a little, I stepped out of the shower and onto the patterned bathroom tiles with warm water droplets trickling down from my body and drenching the floor towel in the process. I ran a hand through my hair, feeling the silkiness as it flowed downwards. I stared at the mirror and grinned as I brushed out my soft, luscious, green hair...

"Wait...green hair?" I questioned thoughtfully then peered closer at the mirror to get a better look.

I felt my jaw drop down to the floor and through the earth itself as I gaped at my hair which had once been brown and spiky. I tugged at the strands to make sure I hadn't gotten drunk at the ball and worn a green wig to bed. My hair didn't move off my head so we can be certain that this is my own hair and not a wig.

"My precious hair..." I mumbled and patted my head repeatedly, not believing what was happening.

After getting changed into my daily clothing, I looked at the mirror once more and immediately turned away in disgust.

"Now what am I going to do!?" I exclaimed loudly in stress. "I look just like Paul and Drew combined! Now I definitely won't get any girls if I look like those two..."

"Good morning." A voice interrupted me and I spun around quickly to face the owner.

"Drew." I growled through my teeth and glared at him.

The prince had a smug look on his face with an amused glint in his eyes. He was smirking his usual smirk which made my blood boil.

"Did you do this?" I asked in the most calm way possible but held a suspicious tone in my voice.

"Of course I didn't." He responded but held his smirk.

"I don't believe that for one second. Why did you do this?" I questioned, slowly losing my temper.

"In my defence, I technically didn't do it. Someone did it for me." He pointed out but I continued to glare at him anyway.

"It was still your own idea." I said and he just huffed before speaking once more.

"Don't you remember the worms that you placed in my cereal that morning? The ones that made me throw up for thirty minutes straight?" Drew asked me and tapped my forehead as I realised what he meant.

I began bursting into fits of laughter as I recalled the memory of him eating the worms and puking out his guts. Drew glared at me in irritation and whacked my head.

"You shouldn't be laughing! You're the one who has green hair now." He said and began chuckling.

"You have green hair too. So why are you laughing?" I stated and began patting his head which he snarled at and whacked me once more.

I watched as he composed himself and dragged me out of my own room and to the dining hall where everyone else would've gathered. Now it was my turn to scowl as the people wandering throughout the castle stared at me for too long making me both uncomfortable and mad. As I walked into the dining room, I felt all eyes on me.

"Paul!?" Someone screeched in shock and pointed a finger at me while another grunted in response.

"Clearly, that's not me." The real Paul answered with a bored tone.