Communication

Sebastian's Second Sister part 13
Communication

••• Violet's point of view•••

Where do your loyalties lie? I had asked this question repeatedly in my head. What's wrong is right, what seems right is wrong. I can't keep going back and forth like a spy being used on both sides. Its not just between my brother and sister, this war is part of a bigger picture. What do I know though? I know nothing about war about Sebastian's plans...oh wait I do know.

After the fight with Clary he chose to tell me about the bigger picture. Sebastian talked of erasing the shadowhunter race and turning them into a better breed of shadowhunters, which he called the endarkened. He showed me the infernal cup and explained its power.

I had asked him if he would turn me. Sebastian shook his head and asked me just to stay by his side throughout everything. This is one move in the game that I did not agree with. He had sacrificed his queen for a mere pawn.
I had left the room, in fact I had left the whole apartment. So here I am in god knows where, sitting on a bench somewhere in New York.

I wished I had brought a coat with me. There was a numbing sensation in my fingers, I blew on them for warmth but the heat was short lived. My knife was in my boot, a weird place to keep a sharp object I know but at least it was concealed from an outsiders view. I had never been in this part of New York before, actually thinking about it I've only been to four places in NY that I can remember.

The first was Magnus's house where I was taken along with Clary to be shielded from this world. The second was The apartment I had lived in with Mom and Clary, not very homely but it was better than the institute. Third, Simon's house. I went there sometimes with Clary to give Mom a rest from having to put up with me. Finally number four, The institute or should I say: my prison. I am never going back there ever again.

Simon's house wasn't really a place I would want to go now since he turned into a vampire and moved out. There was more to the story but I really didn't want to know. Surprises, I hate them so badly. The sudden impact of something being thrown on me I just hate it. There has been too many surprises in the last few months.

Running away was not the answer I had to go back to the apartment and choose my side. Sebastian was wrong and I knew it. Clary is just fighting to get her boyfriend back. Torn. Thats what I am, torn. Could I get Sebastian to change his mind? This won't turn out well for him, he will get killed in the end.

I think he knows that but he will do it anyway, to "purify" the world. He is the complete opposite of his father, for better or worse. I feel as though I am not giving enough consideration to the other side. It was the right side. I know it, they will be the victors in a sense. But maybe if I stay on Sebastian's side I can convince him not to do it. I could save him...

I made my way back to the apartment unsure of what was going to happen. I know it will happen soon though. I have in mind that I can save him just in time.

There is still hope for him.