Chapter 15- Finding out

CHAPTER 15

I won't cry,

It will be fine,

I'll take my last breath,

Push it out my chest,

Till there's nothing left.

SOPHIA'S POV

I smile when I wake up, turning over I see that Ashton is lying beside me with his arms around my stomach, I nuzzle up to his neck and sigh in relief.

"Morning baby,"

I look up into his eyes and lean up to kiss him, "morning, Ashton, who got injured in the battle?"

His once cheerful expression changes to one of remorse.

"Well only a few were badly injured, but Alice and Ross, they died."

Even if they were horrible parents they still took care of me for most of my childhood,

"How did they die?" At this Ashton looks up and takes my hand.

"Babe, they died protecting you."

I feel tears spring in my eyes; even if they said they hated me, deep down they loved me. "They need to be buried." He nods and I get out of bed and head down to the meeting room. The only one in the room is my dad. "We've declared war haven't we?" He silently nods and I sit down,

"Well, let's begin planning, shall we?"

***

"Okay, so the women and children will be taken to the safe house, all men must be ready to fight, now, you and your mother must stay back until the leader of the Pantera's appears, got it."

I nod and ask "so what info do you have on the leader?"

He pulls out a heavy file and opens it, "her name's Celesta, she is twenty four. As far as we know she is helping the Hunters because she was abused as a child and wants to create a world where everyone feels the way that she does, she was the first one to become a Pantera and there for is the leader. Selene, please promise you will be safe, if not for your sake, for your babies sake." I protectively place my hands over my stomach as my unborn child is mentioned. I already have quite a large bump as normal werewolves are only pregnant for five months, but since my mate is an Alpha and I'm a Royal, I will only be pregnant for three months. If a Pantera knows I'm pregnant they will try as hard as they can to get rid of my child. He looks towards me, "now I want you to take it easy until the battle, can you promise me that?"

I take his hand, "I promise daddy."

I walk out to where Ashton is waiting for me. "Come on, you are far enough along to find out what sex our baby is." He grins and practically drags me to the pack's hospital.

***

Giggling we walk into the hospital and into the royal hospital room. Just as we sit down the pack doctor arrives. "Ah, Prince and Princess, here to find the sex of your baby?" We smile and nod.

"Well Selene, why don't you sit here and I'll get my machine set up," I climb into the big seat and lift my shirt up over my stomach, the doctor comes back and he places a gel over my stomach and places the probe over the gel, when he does a screen turns on and a picture starts to form. "Now If you look over here, that's a foot, and there's two arms, and oh!" He starts to move the probe around; I look to Ashton suddenly scared for what he found. "Is something wrong with our child?" He smiles at me and shakes his head.

"No, not at all, it's just there's not just one baby in there, there's two."

I gasp and tears pool in my eyes,

"If you look her there's your son, and over here, is your daughter."

I grasp Ashton's hand. "We've having twins!" He grins from ear to ear and pulls me over for a kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

***

"Well? Is it a boy or a girl?" As soon as we get home we are bombarded by our pack wanting to know the details from our ultrasound,

"Well, it's actually both, we're having twins!"

I get pulled into a hug by my parents before being passed onto my siblings, then the girls and boys, until finally being given back to Ashton.

"Want to go shopping for the nursery?" I turn towards him and smile,

"Yes, let's."

***

After a couple hours Ashton and I have finally finished shopping for and decorating the nursery.

We chose a forest theme, the two cots look like they are part of a tree, the walls look like trees, the floor is decorated with plants and flowers, there are cupboards filled with clothes and a change table along with lots of toys. Smiling in satisfaction I close the nursery door and walk into my room to go to bed and prepare for the battle tomorrow.