Chapter Three

"I don't want to go." Sam says quietly as he sits on my bed. I turn around to face him and give him a confused look.

"What do you mean? You can get your cast off early or you can start walking more to help your leg."

"I know, I know but what if there's bad news? Like my cast won't come off for another three weeks or I can't walk on my leg anymore because I worked it to much?"

"That won't happen." I say bending down in front of Sam.

"How do you know? It could."

"Okay well if it does Sam I will be there to help you. I will make sure you can do things even if you have to have the cast on longer or something. It'll be okay." I tell him as I run my hand in his hair.

"Okay, okay." Sam says pulling my hand out and smiling, "I'll go."

"Good." I say standing up as I throw a shirt at his face.

"Hey!" He screams as he removes the shirt from his face making my laugh.

Once we arrive at the hospital we both walk into the lobby. Sam sits down as I walk over to the counter.

"Hi Sam Golbach here for Doctor Green."

"Okay room 112. Go down the hallway and then take the first right. The door will then be the second door on the left." She says. I nod my head and walk over to Sam to help him stand up.

He grabs his crutches instead and lifts himself up and I smile at him. We start to walk down the hallway and walk to the door walking in.

"Where's the doctor?" Sam asks.

"He should be here soon." I tell him. I help him on the lifted bed and take his crutches to lean against the chair.

After a couple minutes the doctor comes in and says hello before he starts to do some test on sam.

"Mmm well that's different." The doctor says looking at the computer.

"What do you mean?" I asks nervously.

"Well the leg looks okay. It looks like it's healing but there's a weird bubble on his leg.

"A bubble? What do you mean?"

"I'm not sure. Hang on I'll be back." The doctor says standing up quickly and walking out of the room.

"Colby?"

"Yeah Sam?"

"Am I going to be okay?"

"I'm not sure Sam. I'm not sure." I say honestly as the the doctor walks in with a shorter male.

"Sam come with me. We are taking more X-Rays of your leg."

"What? Why? What is it?" Sam asks.

"We think it may be a rare type of bone cancer."

"Bone cancer?" Sam says looking over at me with fear in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper looking back at Sam.