Chapter Seven: Stranger

Tremaine walked out of the sliding doors and began toward the parking structure, frustration written all over his face. Looking at his watch, he noticed it was a little after nine at night and he couldn't wait to get home.

It was a long day today and he had lost a patient, a young boy he had grown to be pretty fond of with Stage IV lupus. He was the smartest 9 year old he had ever met.

Not to mention he hadn't heard from Aubrey since her birthday, a week ago. He didn't want to seem like he was too hung up on her so he had stopped trying to communicate with her, but couldn't get her out of his head.

One thing he was looking forward to was being alone at home today, with peace and tranquility, he had Saturday off so he planned to stay home and catch up on sleep tonight. Ryan had flew to New York that morning to see her parents and get fitted for her wedding dress and wouldn't be back to VA for a week.

Once he reached his car, he slid into the drivers seat of his beauty and let out a long sigh after closing the door, shutting his eye kids as well.

"Long day Mr. Grinch?"

He nearly jumped out of his skin.

There she sat in his passenger seat. Her golden locks looked a bit shorter, put up into a sloppy bun. Her natural beauty popped and a small amount of eye liner rested beneath her orbs, making the sea green color come more to life.

She wore a basic black tee, distressed skinny jeans decorated her legs, filling out her shape in a way he hadn't seen. Her Jordan clad feet completed her look. It was simple, but she made simple look so damn good.

"You should learn to lock your doors." She stated, breaking his concentration.

"Hey stranger." He finally uttered with a broken smile. He was happy to see her, made his day a bit better.

His eyes moved down to her lips, those heart shaped lips. Suddenly, his body was on a natural high; all from seeing her.

Then he had an epiphany. He was a little mad at her. She disappeared on him after he bought her a dozen flowers. How backwards is that?

"Don't be mad Grinch, I was with family, got a little sick and didn't have my phone. Lost in out there and I had to get a new one." She held up her new iPhone 5s, an upgrade from the iPhone 5 she had a few weeks before.

"You didn't call or text, so I couldn't get in touch with you. I landed this morning." In an instant, his eyes connected with hers.

"I decided to go in stalker mode." He noticed the repeat of her joke from his courteous birthday gift a week prior.

She bit her bottom lip in a way that immediately caught his attention. His eyes followed her tongue as it grazed her lips in a seductive manner.

He loosened his tie to allow a bit of air to get to him, suddenly he felt like he had the heat on blast and the car wasn't even started.

"Let me make it up to you. Drinks on me? You can drive." She gave him a meek smile and he started up his car.

"Bet."