Worlds Intertwined

The sun looked so beautiful setting over the pale pink sky. Aubrey admired it from her picture window before stepping in front of the mirror to take in Lena's outfit of choice for her.

Staring into the mirror, she couldn't believe the reflection staring back at her. She was beautiful. Her golden mane was tamed straight and fell just at her shoulder. Her slant bang hung in her face, blocking her right eye just a little; so she pushed it back a bit and smoothed the navy blue dress down over her figure. This dress was one she hadn't worn in a while, but somehow, Lena had managed to dig it up from the back of her closet. The backless dress had a low v-cut in the front, showing off her cleavage just enough to make minds wonder. It was tight fitting, and stopped just above the knee. She was short, but not in her black Louboutin's. Her legs seemed endless, especially tonight.

"Damn Bee, you look like a model." Lena peaked in the door and said. Aubrey looked back at her cousin, after applying her deep red lipstick. Lena, who had taken it upon herself to shop in her closet tonight, was dressed and ready. The strapless dress was a perfect fit for Lena though. She looked like a beautiful amazon. Her tall frame stood about 6 feet in her heels. She was determined to wear heels, even as they went out so that no guy shorter than her would dare step close.

"We're definitely getting you laid tonight." Lena was convinced that sex would solve all of her problems. Yes, it had been a while, but sex wasn't going to cure her cancer.

"Girl, I'm not picking up any man at the club." protested Aubrey.

"Why not? Men do it all the time. Don't' be sexist hoe." Lena debated. "Besides, I told you I'm meeting up with this guy I went to uni with and he's bringing his friends."

"This is not a blind date Talená."

"Whatever, shut up and fix your face." They both shared a laugh and stood in the vanity to check their make up.

She needed a night out. No guys, no doctors, no worried calls from her mom every five minutes, just her and her cousin, being a regular adult, having some fun. Eventually, after a few drinks, Lena would forget about trying to hook Aubrey up and find her own boy toy for the few days she'd be in town.

She was determined to live tonight -while she could anyway.

.

.

.

She felt uncomfortable walking into the club with dozens of eyes watching her as she walked gracefully through the crowd with her cousin following walking ahead. Lena was use to it; she strutted with such confidence and headed straight for the bar. Aubrey followed, maybe a drink would loosen her up.

Lena ordered 4 shots of Patron, and the bartender quickly poured them and placed the line of drinks on the counter. Lena picked up two and so did Aubrey, keeping the salted lime close by.

"Now, I promised Uncle Raul and your mom I wouldn't get you drunk so try and hold your liquor, okay?" Lena smirked and they both toasted with a laugh and took the shots down one after the other. The familiar sting hit Aubrey's throat reminding her of the silent vow she made to herself that morning that she wouldn't drink again. So much for that.

.

.

.

She was sitting at the booth, watching Lena dance with some guy on dance floor as Trey Songz "Love Faces" blasted through the speakers. Five shots in and she was definitely feeling the liquor. She noticed a woman walking her holding a tray full of drinks and sat one in front of Aubrey with a napkin.