[5]

jkm

i wake up and it was about 6 in the morning and i have class starting at 8. i lay in my bed and open my phone. i look and see that i got a message. i open the message and i read it. 

starting tomorrow. it will be sign up day if you or your group wants to perform in the school talent show. this is no ordinary talent show. show your talent and you might be scouted from any company. starting tomorrow, seniors will be able to sign up and perform on May 21st. that gives each student or group 3-4 months to perform. we will be accepting students tomorrow if anyone or group is interested in signing up. please come to the main desk if you want to perform so we can mark you down. something else you need to know. you can perform by yourself or with your group. and yes you can do both. please sign up and have an amazing time. -seoul high school 

i look up and smile happily. i've been waiting for 4 years to do this. i've watched the talent show in school for all 3 years. i've seen so many people get scouted during this event. i get up and rush downstairs. 

i look and see rose, yeri, seulgi, and jisoo on the couch. i sneak up behind them and scare rose. i hear rose scream and she looks at me. she hits me and i laugh. 

"hey did you get the message from the school?" i ask sitting on the floor.

"yeah. you wanna sign up? individually or group?" jisoo asks scrolling through her phone. i thought about it and i wanted to do both.

"how about we perform as a group and then i can perform solo if i can?" i ask and jisoo and rose looks at each other.

"fine. but if you get scouted you better get them to scout us too." jisoo warns and i nod vigorously.

"i will. why would i leave you guys?" i question and they all smile. 

"i know all of the companies that are scouting in the talent show." seulgi says staring at the tv.

"who?" i ask over and over again. i jump on her lap shaking her. 

"okay. okay. wait and get off of me." seulgi says and i nod. 

"the companies that are scouting there are, yg, sm, jyp, bighit, fnc, ts, fantagio, pledis, starfish, cube, and many other ones that i don't remember." seulgi says and i stare at her in shock.

"yah! close your mouth before you catch flies!" jisoo says and i slap her. i pout and jisoo gets up. 

"unnie, what's there for breakfast?" i ask and she looks in the fridge.

"uhh...we don't have much. well, i'll have to head to the convenient store and pick up some ramen and other things. well, who wants to go with me?" jisoo asks and grabs her jacket and bag. 

"me. me. me. me." i say and get up. 

"okay. fine, let's go. please stay put and don't burn anything down." jisoo says and walks out. i grab bag and walk with jisoo. i was only wearing a sweater and leggings. 

we walk to the nearest convenient store, which was close to many of the students houses. we walk in and jisoo walks around leaving me in the front. i walk around and see my favorite ramen and walk to it. i grab it but i see someone else's hand on it. i look and see yoongi. i pull away from the ramen and look at him.

"you can have it." i say and he takes it and looks at me.

"jennie! grab anything, we need still need a lot of food. it needs to fit all 9 of us in the house." i hear jisoo say and i look at yoongi.

"you can have it." yoongi says and i refuse.

"it's fine. i'll just find another one." i say and try to walk away. 

"no. have it. i'll just get another brand. apparently, you guys have no food so here."  yoongi said and puts the ramen in my hands.

"yoongi...." i start but yoongi shakes his head.

"take it. eat okay?" yoongi asks and i nod.

"okay. i'm going to find another brand. mind helping me?" yoongi asks and i nod. we walk around and we look for another kind of ramen. 

i find one that i liked before and gave it to him. it was my favorite when i was growing up and it's still my favorite but i try to eat different kinds.

"thanks. now let's find jisoo and jin." yoongi says ruffling my hair. i try to fix my hair but yoongi pulls me over to where jin and jisoo were standing. jin and jisoo were waiting for us and we were both holding baskets. 

by the time we found good ramen, we picked up some snacks and we were going to pay for them. 

"come on, we'll pay." jin says and grabs jisoo's basket.

"wait no. i'll pay for it." jisoo says and pulls her basket but was too late because jin already put it on the counter.

"that'll be 59959.09 won." the cashier said and jin hands over the money. (by the way 59959.09 is literally 55.69 dollars sooo...) jisoo tugs on jin's arm but he doesn't budge.

"yoongi, go and pay. i have to take care of this person." jin said and looks at jisoo. jisoo pouts and looks down. 

now jin and jisoo were standing on the side and jin was trying to cheer jisoo up. jin was trying everything but she wouldn't budge. i watched them until i feel my basket being taken away. i look up and see yoongi give my basket to the cashier.

"we're paying separate." i say and the cashier looks at yoongi.

"no were not." yoongi says and hands his card.

"please. i can pay myself." i say to yoongi but he wouldn't budge.

"fine." i say and the cashier finishes packing my stuff.

i grab my bag and leave yoongi. i grab jisoo's arm and pull her out of the store. jin and yoongi were left confused but they soon caught on and followed us. all four of us walked home together. jin and yoongi lived across from us with the others.

i pull jisoo inside and she starts unpacking the stuff. we prepare breakfast for the 9 of us and we set it on the table. everyone eats and gets ready for the day. i finish up eating and walk upstairs. i wash up and dry my hair. i curl my hair and put on light makeup. 

i look through my closet and see a black off the shoulder blouse and black ripped shorts. i get ready and walk downstairs. i throw my phone and all my supplies in my bag and wait for everyone else.

we finish up and we all walk to school because the school was not that far. we make it to school and rush into the main office and see multiple students signing up. 

i sigh knowing that it will be a hard competition. 

[end of chapter]