Chapter 10 (Jackie)

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE SO I KNOW YOU GUYS WANT ME TO CONTINUE POSTING THIS!

---

Previously on Between Love and Hate: Jackie and Louis happened, Rhya found out about the bet and Harry opened up partially.

Jackie

It was Tuesday, the day of the play. Seniors were excused the whole day, to set up the stage, rehearse a few times and do a costume rehearsal. 

I was currently sitting on a chair in my nurse outfit; a nice white dress that reached my upper thighs.

I was backstage, going through my script as the others rehearsed. I was chewing on the inside of my cheek, closing my eyes and repeating my lines.

When I opened them, I saw a pair of piercing blue eyes stare at me in amusement. I looked around, of course no one was in sight.

He crouched down in front of me and put his hands on my bare thighs, rubbing up and down on them. 

"Hey.", he smiled. 

"Hi.", I smiled back and placed my hands over his. He laced our fingers and rubbed my knuckles with his thumbs. 

"What's up?", he asked. He was dressed in his modern Mercutio outfit.

"Nothing...uh, don't take it the wrong way...but...why are you asking me what's up?"

He looked up at me. "I just want to talk to you...is that so bad?"

I smiled and shook my head. His hands slipped under my dress, on my thighs.

"Your skin is smooth.", he observed and got on my lap, straddling me. My hands ran down his stomach and he cupped my face, bringing it to his. 

I closed my eyes when his lips touched mine. Then his mouth went to my neck and he softly kissed down on my skin.

He whispered into my neck:

"I'd love to see you in a much sexier nurse outfit...to take care of me hmm?"

I blushed and he pinched my nose.

We looked into each other's eyes until we heard someone call Louis' name. 

He jumped up and took a step back. My eyes fell to the floor and my heart crumbled when he walked away, without even looking at me. 

---

The play went great, we were all assured that we were going to pass drama class and we all got flowers. That was, until my dad spotted Louis and his mom with his sisters, backstage, at the end of the evening.

"Jo?", my dad exclaimed.

Louis' mom and Louis turned around and saw my dad through the crowd of agitated parents.

"John! Hi! Didn't see you there!"

She pulled Louis with her, as she walked up to us.

"Jackie, this is Johannah, my secretary."

Johannah smiled at me. Louis and I exchanged surprised looks.

"And this is my lovely son, Louis.", she spoke.

"Hi.", Louis said rasping his voice and shaking hands with my dad.

Awkward moment.

"Hello, young man.", dad said, just when Josh appeared.

"Hey babe.", he told me and kissed my cheek.

Helen, dad, Lindsay and pretty everyone was shocked.

"And who might you be?", dad asked.

"Josh, sir."

"Her boyfriend?"

"Not yet, sir." They shook hands. 

"I have an idea! Why don't you all come to dinner? We have a huge table for fourteen people in the dining room!", Helen suggested tapping her pink polished nails against her chin. 

"Yes!", dad agreed. "Then we can invite Jackie's boyfriend, the Styles', Josh's girlfriend and her sister. And, you can bring your husband Jo, I'd love to meet him."

Louis' jaw clenched and his mom tensed up.

"Okay. I can...we will be there."

Louis shot me a glare and I knew that my only hope of getting out of this was if Anne said no. And she didn't. She was actually excited and said her family would come half hour early, to help with the meal and all.

Amazing.

I looked at the clock on my nightstand. 

8:35pm

I sighed heavily as I concentrated on my book. We were just going through The Scarlet Letter in English, and I had to read two chapters due tomorrow.

I hated the book. I just blankly read everything, then had to re-read, because I wasn't paying attention the first time. 

The door to my bedroom door opened and I was surprised to see Harry coming in, with his hands in his pockets. 

"Hi.", he said and sat down on my bed. His eyes scanned my book as he shuffled closer so he could be at my feet.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, not looking up from my book. "Hey."

I was surprised when I felt his hand place itself on my knee which was under the covers.

"You're taking AP English?", he asked surprised. I nodded and closed my book, putting it next to me. 

"Yeah. It sucks. I can't read this book, it's boring.", I spoke and got out of bed, going to the closet to pick out some clothes.

Lockie: http://www.polyvore.com/lockie/set?id=74220619#

I changed in the bathroom and when I got back, Harry was laying down on the bed, his eyes closed and watching the ceiling. 

"Is uh...Mackenzie coming?", I asked.

He turned his head to me. "Yeah. She'll be here at nine with Kelsey."

I licked my lip and went to sit on my chair, when Louis came in, dressed in a black shirt, black jeans and black Vans.

His eyes landed on Harry, before he ran his tongue across his bottom lip and went to my bed to do a handshake with Harry. 

"Hey mate.", Harry greeted and swiped his curls against his forehead. 

"Hi."

Louis' looked at me, before turning towards Harry. 

"Uh, your mom said she needs help."

Harry got up and walked out of the room, pulling on the hem of his blue blazer. Louis went and shut the door, before coming to me and sitting on the desk.

He pulled my chair between his legs, then pulled me up so we were at the same eye level. 

"Is your father here?", I asked putting my hands on his knees as I stood between his legs.

He nodded and placed his hands on my hips, over the material of my black sweatshirt.

"I think he's going to drink tonight...and my mom leaves early in the morning for the rest of the week."

He looked down, before looking back up at me. 

"Where are your sisters?"

"Grandma's. She's...that night, remember? Of the prom...that night of the prom when I said I had to leave was because I received a text from Lottie saying that grandma wasn't breathing. I was scared and...she's okay now. I mean, she was sleeping and Phoebe is always overreacting...I'm sorry for leaving you like that."

"Don't worry Louis.", I said. "I understand."

He weakly smiled and his hands went to my back, playing with the band of my shorts. 

"I'm...I'm afraid.", he whispered, his voice shaking. 

"Of what?", I asked. 

"If she dies...the girls will eventually go to a child's care house thingy...and...my mom will divorce my dad...and I'll be on my own with my dad. I can't do that. I won't be able to keep up-"

"Louis.", I softly spoke wiping his tears with my thumbs. His blue eyes were so beautiful and seemed so innocent. 

"That will never happen. And if it will...you can come and stay at mine."

"But-"

"No one has to know."

He bit his bottom lip and his hands slipped under my shirt, pulling me towards him. We were about to kiss when dad called me from downstairs, to announce that dinner was ready. 

I sat down between Josh and JJ. Next to JJ was Kelsey, then Johannah and her husband, at the end of the table was dad, then on the other side was Anne, Robin, Harry, Mackenzie, Lindsay, Louis and finally, at the other end of the table and next to Josh, stood Helen.

We ate our soups, as an idle discussion between the adults started. I felt Louis' hand on my naked knee as he ate with one hand.

Josh decided it would be a good idea to kiss my cheek, just when Johannah and dad were watching. So Louis' mom told him. 

"Aww...look how cute Josh and Jackie are...right?"

Louis smiled, but he removed his hand from my knee. 

"Yeah...sure.", he said, although the smile never reached his eyes.

"Thanks.", I spoke, fakely smiling at Josh, who put his hand on my knee under the table. What was it with british people and knee grabbing?

Dinner flew by pretty okay, and when I was asked to bring out deserts, I stood up and went to the kitchen. I came back with three plates. I bent down to put Robin's plate in front of him, my sweatshirt slipped, so it revealed a bit of cleavage. 

I knew that Robin drank too much wine, so I let it slip when his eyes darted to my cleavage, and his tongue licked his lips. 

"Keep your eyes to yourself.", Harry snarled, looking at his step father. Robin's head snapped at Harry, and Harry's eyelids fluttered, trying to hide his scare.

"We can get the plates.", Robin offered and got up, tugging on Harry's blazer, pulling him up. Everyone else seemed to be totally oblivious to what Robin's actual intentions were. 

Harry gulped and went to the kitchen, followed by Robin. I fiddled with the decorations in the dining room, not sitting down, secretly eyeing Harry and Robin, who were talking in the kitchen. 

He looked at me, with a scared look in his eyes. I saw Robin take his wrist and saw Harry's jaw clench. I gulped when Robin whispered something in his ear, digging his nails in his left wrist.

Harry then punched him, earning a gasp from everyone in the room. Robin rubbed his bleeding lip and smiled. 

"What happened?", Anne asked, getting out of her seat and running to Robin. "Harry!"

Harry brushed his knuckles and blew air on them, before his eyes caught mine. He rushed out of the room, leaving everyone gathered around Robin, who tried to say that it was no biggie, he just grounded Harry and he didn't take it too well. 

But I could see it in his eyes that he was going to punish him later. 

I managed to escape the room unnoticed, and exited the house to look for Harry. I found him at the corner of the street, sitting down against the wall, the hand in which he held a cigarette leaning on his knee. 

"What happened?", I asked going to stand in front of him. He looked up at me. 

"Nothing."

"No, Harry. Tell me. What. Happened?"

He put out his cigarette with the tip of his black converse, before looking up at me. 

"He made me mad, so I hit him."

"Are you out of your mind, Harry? You know what he's going to do to you!"

He got up.

"Do you think that I don't fucking know that? He's a fucking twat, and he crossed a line this time!"

I placed my hands on his rising chest, as he tried to control his breathing. He looked down at me. 

"I'm scared.", he admitted in a low voice, trying to hide his shaky breathing. 

"Why?"

His dark curls swinged in the wind as he licked his lips. 

"I'm scared of what he'll do to me tonight. I don't think I'll be able to take it."

My heart broke at his words. 

"Why...you can lock the door to your shed."

He nodded. "You're right."

We started walking towards a park nearby. 

"Why won't you tell your mom?", I asked and he sat down on a swing.

When a cold wind brushed my bare legs, I realised that I was in shorts, on a December night. I rubbed my palms against my thighs. 

Harry pulled me by the back of my thighs towards him so I could stand between his jean covered legs. His hands slid up and down my thighs, to keep me warm as he quietly spoke:

"Because if I tell her, there's a chance that she won't believe me."

I chewed on the inside of my cheek, gripping into the swings' chains. He pulled my legs up so I would straddle him, my feet dangling on the other side.

"Why wouldn't she believe you?"

"She knows Robin and I get into 'minor' fights...and she thinks that everything I do is to get him in trouble. After tonight...I think she won't believe me again...ever."

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Punch him?"

Harry shrugged. "Let's get back, they'll wonder where we are."

He stood up and grabbed my hips, lifting me up and placing me on the ground.

"If...if you need any help...like, if he comes and...beats you, please tell me."

"Why?"

I stopped a few feet from my front door, seeing the guests chatting with my parents, saying thank you and all that. 

Louis eyed me suspiciously. 

"Because I can help you. You can...I can come to you or you can come to my house...I know it's weird and you don't want to-"

"I'll text you.", he whispered as Mackenzie approached us. 

"You got my phone number from the chemistry project?"

Mackenzie appeared, wrapping her arm around his neck and pulling him in for a swift kiss. His eyes didn't close, yet his hands placed themselves on her hips.

Anne and Robin came too.

"I'll drive you home Mackenzie.", she offered smiling. 

Harry locked eyes with me, and I saw Robin smirk. Harry gulped and nodded at me, answering my previous question. 

My eyes caught his once again, when he entered the house followed by Robin, who pushed him discreetly inside and closed the door. 

---

I showered and washed my hair, then shaved and slipped into the clothes I wore at dinner, which were actually my pyjamas. 

Lockie: http://www.polyvore.com/lockie/set?id=74220619#

It was midnight when Louis knocked on my balcony door. He had his dufflebag, which meant he would be staying at my house for the rest of the week, without anyone knowing. 

He came inside and locked the door as I locked the door to my room. 

"Sorry I'm this late, but I had to wait until my parents were asleep."

He threw his bag under my bed and kicked his sneakers under there too before climbing on the bed and crossing his legs indian style. 

He patted his sweat-pants covered lap and I went to straddle him, locking my legs around his waist.

He licked his lips and looked down at mine, before I cupped his face.

The kiss deepened as he pulled me into him as close as possible. His arms locked around my waist and started exploring my mouth. 

I moaned into his mouth, and he smirked, pulling away. His nose brushed with mine and he nuzzled his head in my neck. His lips pressed to my neck and I closed my eyes.

"That was the sexiest sound I ever head.", he whispered and lifted my shirt up a bit, revealing my stomach. 

I immediately tried pull my shirt down, feeling self-conscious.

"No.", I said. Louis' eyes bored into mine. 

I was afraid that he might laugh and call me pathetic. 

"Okay. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

His hands turned me around and he leaned against the headboard, making me rest my head on his shoulder. 

"See this?", he whispered, pointing to the broken heart on my shirt. I nodded, looking down. 

"I wanna fix it."

"Fix what? My shirt?"

He placed a kiss to my forehead. "Your heart."

My hand searched for his, intertwining our fingers. His chest rose up and down, touching my back as he deeply breathed. My eyes closed and my nose brushed his neck when his hands cupped my breasts over my shirt. My eyes shot open. 

"The perfect size.", he commented cheekily and I blushed as his hands sneaked under my shirt. 

I wriggled, but he pressed his lips to my ear and whispered:

"You can trust me."

I relaxed into his touch and almost gasped when his hands slid under my bra, his fingers squeezing my nipple softly. I wildly blushed, looking up at his face. His eyes were focused on my shirt, his hands working against my skin. 

"Your nipples are hard. You're enjoying this."

I put my hand on his raised knee, wanting to touch something, just to feel the tiniest contact with him. 

I yawned, my eyes watering a bit.

"You're sleepy?"

I nodded and his hands disappeared from my breasts. I already missed the warmth of his palms on my skin.

"Then let's go to sleep.", he whispered and we shimmied under the covers, his hands pulling the blanket over our bodies and turned off the lamp. 

My head rested on his chest, feeling his warm, tooth-pastey breath on the top of my head. 

I played with his fingers, biting down my bottom lip, as I said:

"You were the first person to ever touch me, Louis."

I looked up at him, and even through the darkness, I could see his eyes sparkling. 

"I want...", he started. "I want to be the first person you do a lot of things with."

There was a long silence, and my heart started beating faster, knowing exactly what he meant. 

"I can feel your heartbeat Jackie...we don't need to rush anything.", he explained.

Another moment of silence. 

"Can I ask you something?", he whispered, pulling me up so I was at the same level as he was. 

"Hm?", I hummed.

"Was I...your first kiss?"

I nodded, blushing. He smiled. 

"How cute.", he chuckled and turned me around, pulling my back into his front, spooning me. 

"Goodnight."

I closed my eyes and he locked our fingers, gently breathing down my neck as I fell asleep. 

---

Next Wednesday morning we were at lunch when the principal announced that a skiing trip will take place on Saturday in a week, right the first day of vacation. 

Our table instantly agreed on going, so I had no option but to go too. My grandmother lived in Utah, so whenever I went to her, our family skied. 

"You two know how to ski, right?", Kelsey asked smiling. JJ rolled his eyes and nodded.

We were in P.E. when Josh came up at me in the gym and smirked, looking down at me, who was sat on the bench, drinking. We had just played volleyball, and I was exhausted. 

"Hey Jackie.", he said and crouched down in front of me, placing his arms on my knees. I felt eyes on me, so I looked around the room. I caught a pair of blue orbs, followed by a green one.

I shifted uncomfortably, and before I knew what was happening, Josh's lips were on mine. I didn't even close my eyes, I just stood there for a moment, looking deep into Louis' eyes. 

He looked away and I felt my lips move against Josh's, closing my eyes. He smiled into the kiss, then pulled away. 

"Jackie?"

I raised my eyebrows, sign for him to continue. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I saw Mackenzie's eyes widen as she was just passing by. She immediately went to Harry and Louis. I listened close. 

"Josh and Jackie are together."

Harry's gaze was lifted from a stare-down with his Nike sneakers. Louis' head snapped around from his conversation with Niall. 

"What?", he asked. 

"Can you imagine that? Being with a loser like that fat cow! Ha."

Harry's fists clenched, and Louis looked blankly at the floor. 

"Aren't you going to agree?", Mackenzie continued.

Harry didn't say anything, but Louis nodded. I looked back at Josh. 

"I'll think about it.", I spoke, smiling. 

"Oh no.", he laughed.

"I didn't say no."

He smirked and pressed a kiss to my knee. "Okay."

Later that day I was about to start walking towards the bus station, to take the school bus home.

"Wait.", a voice said and I turned around, watching Louis as he approached me.

"I'll drive you home.", he added, pulling me to his car and opening the door. I got in and watched him slam the door. He circled the car and sat down in his seat, before putting on his seat belt and driving away. 

He drove in silence, but stopped a few blocks away from my house, in front of a big house. 

"This isn't m-"

"It's my house."

"What about your d-"

"He's at work. He won't be home until later tonight."

I nodded and followed him. 

It was huge. 

He guided me inside, before going up the stairs, passing by several doors. He reached his room and opened the door which had a Natalie Portman poster on it. I smiled under my breath. 

His room was a mess. Clothes everywhere, a Manchester United shirt over the TV, a half eaten pizza on the desk, next to a MacBook. Two bean bags were in front of the TV, identical to Harry's. An Xbox and a PS3 were next to the flat screen TV. 

A door to a bathroom was in the corner of the room, a few feet away from the bed. 

"This is messy."

"Thanks, mom."

He set his backpack under the desk and took a slice of pizza. He took another one and held it out to me. 

"No thank you."

Although I felt the urge to take it, I couldn't. He shrugged and stuffed it into his mouth, wiping his palms on his jeans. 

"Why did you bring me here?", I asked taking a strawberry mint from a small bowl on his dresser. 

"Because...I...don't know. I just...I needed to show you were I lived."

"It's nice. Your parents are rich."

He forced a sad smile and gestured for me to come to him. I let my backpack fall to the floor and took of my jacket, putting it over his. 

He then grabbed my hips and placed me on his desk, getting between my legs. 

"Does he kiss you like I do?", he asked.

I blinked.

"What?"

But then I knew what he was talking about. I didn't answer, although Louis was a thousand times better. 

"Tell me.", he urged, digging his nails into my jeans. 

"No, he doesn't."

"What did you say?"

"I said that he doesn-"

"I mean about what he asked you."

"I said that I'll think about it."

"You can't be with him."

"Why not?", I asked, getting angry and pushing him away by his chest. 

"Because...you're mine."

My heart fluttered and my eyes fell on his lips for a moment. 

"I'm not yours.", I mocked getting down from the desk. He caught me by my waist from behind and put his lips to my ear. 

"You said that I had you."

He sighed and his lips travelled down to my left shoulder. He pushed my hair away and bit down on the exposed skin. He sucked and licked, and I moaned again, before biting my lip. 

He left a red mark there, which would turn purple in a matter of minutes.

"Louis.", I whined and touched the skin on my neck.

"Now you're mine.", he said and his hands went to the gap between my thighs, squeezing my inner thigh. 

"I'm not, Louis!"

He took a step back and I turned around to look at him. 

"What does he have and I don't? A brain? Good lips? An amazing tong-"

"He doesn't care about what anyone else thinks!!", I snapped.

He sighed, his breath shaking. He pinched the corner of his eyes with his index finger and thumb, shutting his eyes tightly and exhaling deeply.

My tears were threatening to fall as I angrily attempted to put my coat on.

"What are you doing?", he asked. 

"Leaving."

"It's getting dark outside.", he said. "And it's raining."

"Well I'd rather be out there than being with you right now."

I grabbed my backpack and swung it around my shoulder, leaving the house. I greeted his dad, who seemed totally sober and happy. 

I walked down the street, pulling my hood over my head.

"I have dyslexia!"

I stopped and turned around, squinting one eye to see through the rain and almost darkness. 

"What?"

His hair clung to his forehead as he sighed. He cupped my face and lifted my head up so I could look into his eyes. 

"I'm...dyslexic, Jackie."

"Wh..."

"I can't...I can't read properly, or spell properly...that's why I'm almost failing all my classes, and repeated the whole year twice because of chemistry."

He did a little pause, before continuing. 

"And...I hear what everyone at my school is saying about me...calling me a stupid, retarded person, and laughing at me for being almost 21 and still in school... . I can't...you're not a loser, trust me...but...I just can't deal with all this right now! You know how horrible it is to not be able to read something properly? The words are blurry, just a mix of shapes...and I always write a word incorrectly, because I can't remember the order of the letters! I'm this close to go insane, Jackie. You know why? Because above all my problems, my family situation, my disability, my school problems... now I have to also be worried about you getting a boyfriend, which means I won't be able to touch you or kiss you...or be with you. Despite everything I said or did, and what everybody fucking thinks, you're the only person that keeps me from losing it. I can't-"

I didn't let him finish. I got on my tiptoes and kissed him. After we pulled away, he sadly smiled. 

"You're...the only person that knows about this." 

I didn't care about him not wanting people to find out about us, or that he was dyslexic. All I cared about was him smiling.

---

Saturday, 9:21pm

"We are leaving!", dad yelled from downstairs. He and Helen were taking JJ and Kelsey to a musical in Manchester. Which meant that I would be alone until late at night, because Lindsay was, as always, somewhere getting it on.

I then remembered that I hadn't written in my journal for a long time, and to be honest, I was happy about it.

I saw down on my window seat with a mug of hot chocolate, watching the rain pour on the street.

The Josh thing was settled, I told him that I didn't want to be in a relationship at the moment, because I was too busy with some thing I made up, when in reality, I didn't want to be with him, because I wanted to still be able to 'be with' Louis. 

Long story short, Josh wasn't heart broken, he actually ended up crushing on some girl called Perrie, which was Rhya's second cousin, who had weird pink hair and a strange taste in clothes. She had a sweet voice, and an innocent look, although she wasn't as innocent as I first put her out to be. 

She smoked and occasionally hooked up with strangers, which was fine by me, she was one of the sweetest person I've ever met. She stood at our table now, joined by a love-struck Josh, who was pathetically trying to charm her. It seemed to be working but I won't get into other details.

My phone buzzed on the desk and I groaned inside, going to pick it up. 

From: Louis
Received at: 9:30pm

i want u x

I rolled my eyes, although my heart did a backflip. 

Louis was forced to go out at dinner with his whole family, apparently there was a big announcement tonight in his family.

To: Louis
Sent at: 9:31pm

U can do it. Announcement done yet? :))

From: Louis
Received at: 9:33pm

Nope

I sighed and was about to lock my phone, when a message from Harry came up.

From: Harry
Received at: 9:33pm

I need you

My heart stopped as I stared at the screen. I then decided to put on some clothes and go over to Harry.

There was something about Harry that I couldn't put my finger on. Somehow, I understood him, and wanted to help him. 

I climbed down the balcony and ran across the street to his house, wearing his red jacket. I knocked on his barn door and tapped my foot against the ground. 

Then I heard a cab driving away, and saw Robin's head in the front seat, trying to slur an address. 

I just opened the door and got inside, to find the room and bathroom empty. I started to panic. 

"Harry?", I shouted and ran in the back garden, stepping up on the front porch and entering the house. 

All the lights were out. 

Maybe he was just trying to fool with me. I walked blindly through the darkness, and I screamed when I touched something with my feet. My hand searched for the light switch and I turned the lights on, to reveal the fact that I was in the kitchen, next to the island counter. 

I gasped at the sight in front of me: Harry was laying on the floor, his knees bent and clutching his stomach, with a phone in his hand, his eyes shut. He was dressed in a pair of basketball shorts and a Jack Wills sweatshirt. 

He whimpered and I crouched down, swiping the curls from his forehead. 

"Are you okay?", I asked looking at him. His eyes opened and I saw how glossy they were, tears threatening to spill out. 

He gulped and shook his head. 

"Where's your mom?"

"She's off to visit my sister for the holidays in New York until January.", he managed to say.

I held my hands out for him and helped him get up on his feet. I walked him over to the shed, and he sat on his desk.

"Do you have any bandages or a first aid kit in the bathroom?"

He nodded. "In the cupboard."

I went into the bathroom and opened the cupboard, getting out a spirit bottle and a couple of bandages and a towel. 

I returned to the room, finding him still on the desk, realising he was in the same position. He was blankly staring at the floor, in deep thought. 

"Take off your shirt.", I said standing between his legs. 

He obeyed and I scanned his bruised torso. It was much worse than the first time. He had more purple marks, scratches and bruises. His sides were completely covered in big, red marks.

I looked up at him then back down at what I brought from the bathroom. 

"There's nothing I can do with these. There's no bleeding."

I turned around and went to the bathroom, putting the bandages and the blue liquid back in the cupboard. 

"I'm sorry.", I said when I came back into the room. 

I placed my hands on his fragile skin and gulped. I couldn't imagine how much they hurt when they were made. 

I looked up into his eyes. He looked so innocent, once again. How could someone hurt him?

"Jackie?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you cuddle with me tonight?"

"Sure."

I locked the door, turned off the light and took off my jacket, putting it on the back of his desk chair. He got under the blanket on the left, and I followed, on the right. 

His hand sneaked under me and pulled me into him. My leg swung around his and my head rested on his chest.

"I'm sorry.", I said again.

"S'not your fault."

"I feel so bad that I couldn't help...or make the pain go away-"

"You helped. And...there is something you could do."

"What?", I asked looking up at him. 

"You could...kiss where it hurts."

My heart started racing as I shifted above him, so I would straddle his thighs. They were bony and skinny. I felt like my weight was crushing them, so I attempted to climb down.

"No.", he protested, putting his hands on my waist.

"I don't...I feel like I'm breaking your legs-"

"You're not. Stop worrying."

I nodded and traced his torso with my palms, feeling his skin rise and fall against my palms.

I bent down and kissed every single bruise. When I went up to kiss his cheek, I felt my lips get wet. Then I realised he was crying. 

I hated to see him or Louis cry. 

"Please don't cry.", I whispered putting my head on his chest again. I could feel and hear his heartbeat. I literally heard his broken heart dysfunctionally and slowly trying to beat.

When my tears touched his naked chest, he put a hand on my hair. My left arm hugged his chest, feeling his hip bone poking on my left wrist. It hurt a bit but I brushed it off. 

"How bad was it that night?"

"I fell into unconsciousness for a few hours."

"You were at school the next morning."

"It had to seem like everything was fine. I don't want people to know about this."

"For how long do you have to be alone with your father?"

"Just until the day we leave for the ski trip. Then I'll stay at yours until after New Year's. My mom talked to your parents."

There was a short silence.

"Is he always like that? Abusive?"

"No."

He started drawing shapes on the skin of my left shoulder with his thumb. 

"Harry...can you tell me now why you cut?"

He stiffened and I rolled over him, to take his left wrist into my hand as he told me. I looked over the cuts, obviously recent. 

"Because Robin makes me feel like a nothing. I'm feeling worthless...and...there was this girl...who broke my heart...Julie. She cheated on me. She was my first love."

I didn't say anything, feeling that he had more to say. I was right. 

"Robin...he's...I don't know why he wants to make me miserable, and make me feel like I'll never be good enough for anyone..."

"Harry. You're...one of the most beautiful guys I've ever seen."

He relaxed his chest muscles. 

"Can I ask you something?", I asked.

"What?", he whispered. 

"Why did you punch him?"

"No reason.", he quickly replied. 

"Harry.", I objected looking up at him. "He clearly told you something that made you mad."

"Do you really want to know?"

I nodded. He linked our fingers and closed his eyes for a split of a second. 

"He told me that he would hurt you."

I blinked, confused. 

"What?"

"So I just punched him."

"Why?"

"Because...I couldn't...I just...the idea of him doing anything to you drove me crazy. The way he looked at you...it makes me angry."

"But why would you do that? Punch him. You knew what was going to happen."

He tucked a stray of my hair behind my ear and looked me in the eye.

"Because for me, you're worth all the pain."

-----

Please comment :) And thanks for reading :D

xoxo,

Ronnie