Chapter Eighteen

Since Lexie gave up on boys yesterday, I figured I would be nice and ask if she wanted to swim with me. She said yes and we got on our swimsuits and went. We immediately hop into the water because it is sizzling hot outside! We just stand in the shallowish area where the water is up to our belly buttons.

We stand there enjoying the water when all of a sudden a splash of water hits both of us and we squeal.

"WHAT THE HECK!" I yell while fixing my now soaking wet hair.

Alex steps up and is hysterically laughing.

"Not cool, Alex!" Lexie squeals and giggles.

I eye her suspiciously.. did she just giggle? And did she just slap his arm?! Wow, did her eyes brighten up when he came around. What is going on?!

"Hey, Alex," I say and he smiles at me and says, "Hi, Grace."

Lexie stares at me and continues to wring out her hair. "Alex, what are you going here?" She asks.

He answers, "The whole lake isn't just for you, you know."

"Says who?!" She says while smirking.

"Whatever, princess."

"I am a princess."

"Okay, your majesty." He bows and they both laugh.

I'm just staring at them in shock.. they are definitely flirting. For someone who gave up on boys, she sure doesn't seem like she did.

"Well," I say, "I'm gunna leave you two alone."

They both look at me and say, "Okay!" then look back at each other. I dry off then slip my cover-up dress back on and start walking back to the cabin. I keep thinking about it, and with my knowledge, she showed every clue to liking a guy. I mean, that wasn't secretive or hidden whatsoever.

I throw on some dry clothes when I get back to Purple and Kayleigh looks up from her magazine and asks, "Where's Lexie?"

I answer, "Well, Alex came and she was practically drooling over him."

"Seriously?!" She puts her magazine down and stares at me in shock.

"Yeah! So I left. And she had no problem with it."

"Wow. I thought she gave up on boys?"

"That's what I thought, too.."

"And I mean, even if she didn't, Girl Code. You don't get with a friend's ex. It's against the law!"

"No, I don't care. Honestly! I have zero feelings for him now, but he's a nice guy and good for Lexie."

"I would hope you had zero feelings for him since you are dating Brady. How are you two, anyway?"

"We're as great as ever!"

"Good."

"You and Riley?" I ask. I hope that things are getting better, or else I am just wasting time by avoiding him.

"Muy muy bien." That means very very good in Spanish. Kayleigh and I have both taken Spanish classes so we often have conversations in Spanish and everyone stares at us like we are insane.

"Good." I lay on my bed and flip through the magazine Kayleigh threw at me. I flip through three times but the last time I actually pay attention. The first two times, I keep thinking about Lexie and Alex.. and thinking in Spanish, by the way.

Do you think she just told me she was giving up on boys because she likes Alex? Is Jason even what she said, or did she just make up an excuse?

Calm down, Grace. Before you go calling her a liar, you need to trust her. She's never went behind your back before, how do you know she is now? Just don't think about it.