Chapter 3: What Happened?

Rose's POV

I wake up in the morning to find myself in my room in my PJ'S. The first thing that crosses my mind is, 'What happened? All I remember is going for a walk to the old park and hearing someone calling my name. I wonder how I got home last night if that man made me black out... My mom wouldn't come and look for me since she didn't know where I went at all. The man that I talked to and met yesterday was different.'

For some reason, I find myself wondering what made him look like the way he is. Mom is usually gone by now for work, but when I went downstairs I found a note saying that she's on a date with Gabe and that she may not be home until late tonight. I run upstairs to get dressed. I decided to wear a pair of red and black splotched short jean shorts, with my Blood On The Dance Floor Tee. I also decided to do my hair in a waterfall braid. My makeup consisted of eyeliner and mascara.

I go downstairs to eat breakfast and see my mom made my favorite. Red velvet pancakes with cool whip, chocolate chips, strawberries, and chocolate syrup! She hardly makes it... After I finish eating, I go to the living room and turn on the TV. I decide to watch the news; even though I probably shouldn't have. As I listen to the news, I hear that another 5 families were murdered. "Jeez, I feel bad for all of their remaining relatives..."

"What, do you not like my work?" I hear his voice again and quickly turn around. I come to face to face with the killer himself.

"U-uhm, how'd you get into my house? And why are you here?" is all I ask hesitantly. "Hehe... my sweet, sweet Rose, do you not like to see me? Isn't my face beautiful?"

I don't know where this sudden burst of courage came from but I say, "No. Your face is absolutely disgusting."

After a complete minute of silence, I watch as Jeff's face turns ragged. I can tell by the look on Jeff's face he did not like that answer. "Go. To. Sleep. Rose!" with that, he lunges at me. "Shit!" is all I can say as I barely dodge his attack.

He starts to chase me to the kitchen, where I grab one of my mom's kitchen knives. I hold the knife out in front of me to stop him. "Get back Jeff! I don't know what you want with me, but I don't want you here!" I hiss at him. Jeff just chuckles.

"What are you going to do to me with that? Hmm Rose? Do you even know how to use it to your advantage? Let me guess... Oh I know now, you're just trying to act tough, well guess what sweets, it's not going to work!" and within the blink of an eye he's pinning me to the wall with my body.

I take note that his skin feels leathery, like it was burned. "W-what are you doing! Please let me go!" "Hehe, you think you can get out that easy dear?" Jeff flips me around to face him, as I'm still pinned to the wall.

"This is what you get for threatening me doll face..." "Don't call me that!" I hiss at this monster. "I think I'll take my time to kill you, you're feisty and I like that. Until then..."

Jeff starts to pull my shirt down in the front to show my collarbone as I thrash around. "If I were you baby doll, I'd stop moving or it's going to hurt much worse." I let out a small whimper as he puts the tip of his knife on to my bone.

I watch and whimper in pain as Jeff carves a 'J' into my collarbone. A tear slips down my face as he finishes. He starts to work on an 'E' but a car door shutting stops him.

He looks to the door quickly then smirks. "One last thing babe, don't tell anyone about me-" he pauses in effect to make me nervous. "or else your mother will be involved." "Y-yes Jeff." is all I whisper.

I hear the front door open and notice Jeff is already gone. I quickly go upstairs and patch up my fresh new wound. I hear my mom shout, "Sweetie come downstairs, I have some news, and I have someone I want you to meet!"

"Alright mom. I'm coming!" time to go meet Gabe and hear the news.