Chapter 6: Late Night Visit (Part Two)

Rose's POV

Jeff finally walks out of the bathroom in the clothes without the shirt. I grab his hand and pull him downstairs and make him sit on the kitchen counter.

He watches me intently as I pull out a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and some cotton balls. "What are you doing with that?" Jeff asks, voice shaking as I get closer. "Well Jeff, I'm getting ready to take care of your wound. Or would you rather it get infected?" he just grumbles a few incoherent words.

I put a little bit of the alcohol on a cotton ball and tell Jeff, "If it starts to sting let me know." he simply nods his head. I slowly start dabbing the cotton ball on the wound until I hear him hiss in pain.

I start to blow on the wound while dabbing it. Once I get it cleaned, I start to stitch it up. Every time that Jeff hisses in pain I say sorry. Finally after cleaning and stitching it, I wrap it all up with gauze.

"Tomorrow morning Jeff, I'm going to need to clean it again, and re-wrap it ok?" I ask while putting the medical kit away. "Alright. Thanks for patching me up... even though you could've been softer." I can tell that he didn't want me to hear that so I don't say anything.

He climbs into my bed along with me. I yawn and look over at him, only to notice that he's already fast asleep. It's kind of hard to tell since he doesn't have eyelids, but his eyes are glazed over so that shows me he's asleep. I giggle quietly. "Goodnight Jeff." I whisper and slowly fall asleep.